how high to safely crank torsion bars

A good rule of thumb is to watch the CV boot. If the angle is that which has the boot touching itself as wheels rotate you will cause pre mature wear.  Differential drop spacers help.

The other limiting factor is the length of your torsion key bolt.  That may limit out before you hit level.

That is after 7 full turns, I may go one more full turn.  As of know the truck sits at a front fender height of 40.5" on factory 18s and stock tires.  How much should I expect it to see settle if any? 

Watch the gap with your upper control arm, too. Remember the suspension has to articulate BOTH directions.

You look very close in the pic. I bet you'll hear a "tap" when you go over dips/humps in the road.

I went 3.5 turns and got about 1" of lift, which was all I wanted.

Here a some better pics.  This is directly after lowering the jack so I imagine it will settle down a bit more.  Planning on doing congnito upper control arms over the summer and definitely drop spacers for the front diff. 

CB736FAB-8319-4FD5-A551-34988C189D97.jpeg

CC1C78B0-BCCD-40B8-B4DF-807153355C98.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I know that it goes with saying mine is too high.. cv joints are too far out of angle.

So if I were to lower it a smidge.. how likely am I to throw the alignment out of wack where I need to get another alignment. I ended up here from a shop whom I bought and had new wheels and tires from. The went up to prevent rubbing, but I think they went way too far.

ed73e4785b9e629ec3ee27da5e31fe51.jpg
fe062a2d48bd1ec72d0cc723335caa7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went enough to get 2" of lift from stock on my truck which is basically burying the bolt with the stock keys.  The upper a arms have yet to touch the bump stops and I drive on a lot rougher roads than most guys here ever will.  The A arms become more of an issue with aftermarket reindexed keys.

Archived