2013 Sierra 6.5 Truck Bed swap

I have a 13 Sierra extended cab 4x4. 17 yr old kid backed up and destroyed my passenger quarter-up to bed rail, taillight, and bumper. If I were to buy a 6.5 bed off a single cab would it fit? Or a bed off a non 4x4 truck would it fit. Same model years 07-13? Looking to save money do it ourselves and have their insurance cut the check to pay it off vs repairing it because it will never be to my satisfaction.

20180317_152451.jpg

I have used Body shops where even I couldn't tell the truck was repaired.  Finding the right Body Shop is the key.

If you do-your fear of it not being acceptable is unfounded.  But if your simply doing it to get your truck paid for....that's a different reason.

My fam is all into building old muscle cars. Hobby on the old stuff. My truck is my baby however the bed is warped and dealing with a paint and body shop + dealing with insurance company just to do a quick fix. I want it literally perfect cause I have 50k in it as it is. Don't owe much left on it. It's lifted etc the way I wanted my truck. I've been under it looking and it does not appear to have frame damage. If you do a close up examination you can tell by sheet metal around the bed has been pulled and jacked around the seams from the collision. The sad thing is my truck was parked at my job and the kid backed his Yukon into it so hard it moved my truck 3 feet and left the driver side rear slanted in the next parking spot. I'm notorious for parking far and closer to the line or curb to avoid door ding damage. I take pride in what I've worked for especially in my vehicle. I love cars. Their insurance was already trying to send them to a service king and I had terrible experience with service king.. a lady backed up her hitch receiver into my 15 camaro's front bumper. Quoted for replacement but patched then buffed the plastic and my fender ... although they said they took it completely apart and off the car to do the work. The work was shit. You could see fish bubbles in the paint and the work wasn't even blended in you could see exactly the same spot they supposedly fixed. They said they would fix the nice swirl in the fender but didn't even touch it up any. I let them know about the plastic and fender and did not try to fix either. Both vehicles purchased new from dealer 1 owner so yeah I want it perfect I didn't destroy either one. Settled with camaro and I shouldn't have was irritated in the cheap ass rental and that they had it over 3 weeks. They redid the bumper 3 times and I gave up and took it home.

Archived