High Mileage Ecotec3 5.3 Thread

Posted this on another forum, too, but...

I've seen a bunch of these threads for various engines and manufacturers and haven't really seen a good one yet for the 5.3 Ecotec3. The trucks been around for a little while now so curious to see how folks are stacking up. I'll start.

2014 Silverado LT Z71 2WD Crew Cab
88K miles

All service performed at dealer, no mods (yet), and AFM still active (for now). About to go in for my 2nd or 3rd (can't remember if I've done it once or twice) induction service at the dealer and switching to Mobil 1 on my next oil change.

Overall happy with the truck...best vehicle I've owned. Hoping to get an additional 150K+ out of it.

2 hours ago, shane.lawrence.311 said:

2015 Silverado crew cab max tow...45k miles cat back exhaust and new diff cover (holds more fluid). Collapsed lifter... Not too pleased with this truck as of now...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I know a motor flush is a little harsh at 45,000 miles  but that and fresh synthetic may free it up , Are you going to replace it?

I know a motor flush is a little harsh at 45,000 miles  but that and fresh synthetic may free it up , Are you going to replace it?
I'm taking it in for them to repair it under warranty...as far as the truck goes I'll more than likely keep it... Not a Ford fan and definitely don't want a Dodge... unless it's a diesel...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Archived