The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

2 hours ago, MadCaddie said:

I ordered 8/21 and was told it's starting production this week. 

AT4

Crew Cab Short Bed

6.2l

Most of the options Available 

Anyone know how long (generally) after production starts. 

we ordered in June, produced first week of september, should arrive at dealer here shortly

I ordered through my dealer three weeks ago.  He told me the production date is 10/08/18.  When I asked for an order number he said there was no order number.  Additionally, they have not requested a deposit.  Should I be concerned? 

6 hours ago, berk4422 said:

I ordered through my dealer three weeks ago.  He told me the production date is 10/08/18.  When I asked for an order number he said there was no order number.  Additionally, they have not requested a deposit.  Should I be concerned? 

The Day my Dealer placed my order he had a Order#.   Without an order# there is No way your Dealer would know the status of your truck much less a Production date!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, berk4422 said:

Did you go through Hendrick?  They have trucks on the lot from what they told me.  Also what did you order?  Standard beds are not available yet from what I can tell.  They can put all the info in but can't place the order until GM opens that up to the dealers, so no you would not get an order number. At least that is my understanding talking to my dealer.

12 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Did you go through Hendrick?  They have trucks on the lot from what they told me.  Also what did you order?  Standard beds are not available yet from what I can tell.  They can put all the info in but can't place the order until GM opens that up to the dealers, so no you would not get an order number. At least that is my understanding talking to my dealer.

Yup, went through Hendrick Wilmington.  I even test drove a 19 a few weeks ago.  I ordered a short bed LTZ 6.2 with the specific options I wanted.  Not sure how the sales rep gave me the production date, but not an order number.  I called back tonight and asked for the order number, I should have it tomorrow.  I may have originally gotten some less-than accurate info from the sales rep.  

11 hours ago, SAMS819 said:

Ordered mine on 8-20-18. Dealer gave me order number the next day. Now at 3400 scheduled for production week of 10-01-18. Dealer took no deposit but I have bought many trucks from them.:thumbs:

I ordered mine about 2 weeks after you.  I am a repeat customer of Hendricks but not this particular dealership since we just moved to the area (Wilmington).  Always had pretty good dealings with Hendrick, and I have the benefit of being a GM Supplier. 

Edited by berk4422

1 hour ago, berk4422 said:

Yup, went through Hendrick Wilmington.  I even test drove a 19 a few weeks ago.  I ordered a short bed LTZ 6.2 with the specific options I wanted.  Not sure how the sales rep gave me the production date, but not an order number.  I called back tonight and asked for the order number, I should have it tomorrow.  I may have originally gotten some less-than accurate info from the sales rep.  

Hendrick is one of the larger dealers.  One would think they would have some pull when it comes to ordering.  Maybe the sales rep you dealt with is a new guy.

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2018 at 11:56 PM, berk4422 said:

As long as it's not an odd ball truck that you ordered. It will sell if you don't buy it. That's what I was told by my dealer when I inquired about ordering and asked if a deposit was needed.