The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

46 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

$61,980 …..  and that is not even a High Country....  :uhoh:

What did you expect with an all new truck with features that the previous model doesn't offer?

Speaking of High Country.....

HIGH COUNTRY LOADED.png

Edited by GearheadSS

1 hour ago, GearheadSS said:

What did you expect with an all new truck with features that the previous model doesn't offer?

Speaking of High Country.....

HIGH COUNTRY LOADED.png

Can’t wait to see an HC on a lot so I can check it out. Should be seeing them soon 

These truck prices are getting insane! I’ll wait until 20% off is available. Got my 2015 CCSB LT for 34k. Would love to see some LT prices around there for this new model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Went to cars.com and there are many 2019's listed on dealer lots, but not sure if they are actually on lots or in transit etc?

6 Chevy dealers around here and I have yet to see a 2019 1500 on the lot physically.

11 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Went to cars.com and there are many 2019's listed on dealer lots, but not sure if they are actually on lots or in transit etc?

6 Chevy dealers around here and I have yet to see a 2019 1500 on the lot physically.

There are some on the ground now.  Mostly in areas closest to the plant in Ft. Wayne.  

Ridiculous! Prices go up, while they cut more corners. Amazes me they continue to sell!  It's not just them, although they're the worst of them all as far as pricing goes.

My truck fully loaded in '07 was $30 LARGE. Are the new trucks worth DOUBLE mine? HELL NO. I can buy alot of fuel (and failed modules or hard parts) for $30 LARGE!

So, you drop $60k ... now you get a HUGE tax bill on that in one form or another (in MA, you get TWO - one at the time of sale, and another annually [called an excise tax] for the rest of the vehicle's life - 1st 4 years are the highest bills), and your insurance goes WAY up, since now the insurance company would have to cough all that money up should something happen. Now, once the warranty is up, which will be in 2 years these days with the miles people put on them, you get to pay for all the cheaply engineered parts built in 3rd world countries that WILL fail one after the other. Every year it's something new that pattern-fails these days. With the K2's, it's injectors (and probably alot more that we won't hear about for a few more years). 

And when the 10-speed tranny takes a dump around 90k miles (because it is "unserviceable" - "lubed for life!" :lol: ) wait until you get the estimate for THAT rebuild!  The cheapout continues. There's a reason the axles are lighter than last year's models. Once you get past the shiny metal, comfy ride, and wonderful smells of the new components, things aren't as pretty all of sudden.

Will never buy new again as long as I live. There is ZERO bang for your buck. The crappy part is, most people will not realize this until they've owned the vehicle longer than 5 years. 

42 minutes ago, Jsdirt said:

Ridiculous! Prices go up, while they cut more corners. Amazes me they continue to sell!  It's not just them, although they're the worst of them all as far as pricing goes.

My truck fully loaded in '07 was $30 LARGE. Are the new trucks worth DOUBLE mine? HELL NO. I can buy alot of fuel (and failed modules or hard parts) for $30 LARGE!

So, you drop $60k ... now you get a HUGE tax bill on that in one form or another (in MA, you get TWO - one at the time of sale, and another annually [called an excise tax] for the rest of the vehicle's life - 1st 4 years are the highest bills), and your insurance goes WAY up, since now the insurance company would have to cough all that money up should something happen. Now, once the warranty is up, which will be in 2 years these days with the miles people put on them, you get to pay for all the cheaply engineered parts built in 3rd world countries that WILL fail one after the other. Every year it's something new that pattern-fails these days. With the K2's, it's injectors (and probably alot more that we won't hear about for a few more years). 

And when the 10-speed tranny takes a dump around 90k miles (because it is "unserviceable" - "lubed for life!" :lol: ) wait until you get the estimate for THAT rebuild!  The cheapout continues. There's a reason the axles are lighter than last year's models. Once you get past the shiny metal, comfy ride, and wonderful smells of the new components, things aren't as pretty all of sudden.

Will never buy new again as long as I live. There is ZERO bang for your buck. The crappy part is, most people will not realize this until they've owned the vehicle longer than 5 years. 

Ok so this man will not be getting a new one ?

• Like 3

I wouldn't take one if GM donated one to me (I've got a better chance of getting hit by lightning 3 times, and winning the lottery 3 times that same day). The warranty headaches I had in '07 are still fresh in my mind.

Your truck was definitely NOT an LTZ (fully loaded) at 30k. My 05 LT ( comparable to an LTZ) was about 42k, my 08 LTZ vortec max was 45k so the trucks have been expensive for a while. Fully loaded hasn’t been 30k since the 90s. Hell, even my ‘13 LT was 45k sticker.

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

I past a transporter yesterday full of 2019 silverados that was leaving the Chevy dealer by me.  I am guessing Martin Chevy in Crystal Lake has their 1st 2019 Silverado on the lot already.