The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

Okay boys and girls, here is where things get interesting.  Specs charts are in the order guide (crew and double if you change the dropdown on the right side of the page):  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&addOptions=true&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=21483&section=specs&pagenum=1&butID=9

Crew cab base curb weights come in and no more than 5200lbs.  Damn!  For an example, Crew Standard 4x4 is now 4965lbs, vs. 5461lbs for a K2 same setup.  Using the same cab/box, base payload is 1970lbs on T1 vs. 1710lbs on K2.  T1 NHT is 2130lbs payload (again, all this using Crew Cab Standard Box 4x4). 

Now...front axle weight rating, strangely enough is down.  3800lbs 4x4 on T1 vs. 3950lbs K2.  Rear axle weight is down, 3800lbs vs. 3950lbs, but T1 NHT is 4150lbs rear GAWR.    

Fuel tank is down 2 gallons to 24, compared to 26 on K2. 

Trailering chart:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21483&section=trailer_specs&page=&butID=8   

Dimensions chart:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21483&section=dim&page=&butID=6

Pathetic that they SHRUNK the fuel tank and STILL didn't offer a larger option, especially with the NHT package. Hopefully they do have a larger tank as an option, if not, the trucks will be useless on longer trips towing anything.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, ShotgunZ71 said:

Pathetic that they SHRUNK the fuel tank and STILL didn't offer a larger option, especially with the NHT package. Hopefully they do have a larger tank as an option, if not, the trucks will be useless on longer trips towing anything.

GM seems to rather want to put buyers into a 3/4 ton for the bigger tank, as its 36 gallons regardless of cab.  Whats sad is both Ram and Ford offer larger tank options on their 1/2 ton.  Only way to get a big tank 1/2 ton from GM is a RCLB or go find a 2013 or older 1/2 ton ext. cab 8 foot box truck. 

Weights look good. I wish GM would break down the weight by engine choice like Ford does. I’m assuming all 4wd trucks come standard with the 5.3? Start adding options and go to LTZ or HC and will add some weights but will still be much lighter than the 18’s. Just wish I could get a 2wd truck with the 6.2. I guess they said nope it will be too light and too fast so make sure it’s heavier and make them get 4wd if you want the 6.2. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 12:38 PM, newdude said:

Okay boys and girls, here is where things get interesting.  Specs charts are in the order guide (crew and double if you change the dropdown on the right side of the page):  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&addOptions=true&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=21483&section=specs&pagenum=1&butID=9

Crew cab base curb weights come in and no more than 5200lbs.  Damn!  For an example, Crew Standard 4x4 is now 4965lbs, vs. 5461lbs for a K2 same setup.  Using the same cab/box, base payload is 1970lbs on T1 vs. 1710lbs on K2.  T1 NHT is 2130lbs payload (again, all this using Crew Cab Standard Box 4x4). 

Now...front axle weight rating, strangely enough is down.  3800lbs 4x4 on T1 vs. 3950lbs K2.  Rear axle weight is down, 3800lbs vs. 3950lbs, but T1 NHT is 4150lbs rear GAWR.    

Fuel tank is down 2 gallons to 24, compared to 26 on K2. 

Trailering chart:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21483&section=trailer_specs&page=&butID=8   

Dimensions chart:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2019&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=21483&section=dim&page=&butID=6

as always thanks for the info , your contribution to this board is always tops 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, Jeffro19 said:

Weights look good. I wish GM would break down the weight by engine choice like Ford does. I’m assuming all 4wd trucks come standard with the 5.3? Start adding options and go to LTZ or HC and will add some weights but will still be much lighter than the 18’s. Just wish I could get a 2wd truck with the 6.2. I guess they said nope it will be too light and too fast so make sure it’s heavier and make them get 4wd if you want the 6.2. 

4x4 is available all engines/trims and is standard on 6.2 trucks (which I noticed you've noticed already lol).  So, on an LT which has the 2.7 engine as standard, 2wd is the standard config with 4x4 optional. 

On 7/23/2018 at 10:13 AM, Jeffro19 said:

That’s my one issue exactly with this rollout.

I’m hoping it’s just locked to 4WD at the moment since production will start in limited configs and ramp up as time passes.

Edited by jponce97

8 hours ago, elamigowapo said:

So how much for the Crew cab/short bed 5.3 4wd Lt??

Depends on options you want.

Right now the build is not up for a Silverado. 

A GMC SLE Crew Cab short bed 4x4 starts out at $44k   

SLT Crew short bed 4x4 is 51k

These are MSRP

Employee discount averages about 5k

2 of our trucks were built 7/11 and are currently at 4300 status.  

Black/Black LTZ Z71 4x4 6.2

White/Black LT Texas Edition 2WD 5.3

2 more scheduled for 8/13 and a Trail Boss for 8/27.  Slowly but surely!

Edited by GearheadSS

Double cab ordering starts 8/16/18.  Crew cab started production July (no specific date but I assume either this week or last week), double cab starts October.  Regular cab still TBD.   

Edited by newdude

14 hours ago, elamigowapo said:

So how much for the Crew cab/short bed 5.3 4wd Lt??

Base MSRP for a crew short box 4x4 with only the 5.3 added (so no other options or packages) is $45,590msrp.  Crew standard box 4x4 with 5.3 is $45,790msrp.

Kind of disappointed in the color availability for the AT4.  No silver or dark slate but the trailboss is available in every color.  Blue would be my 2nd choice but the blue is pretty ugly too.  I was hoping for a more vivid cobalt blue like the current trucks had.