P0521 Code, Again

Ladies and Gentleman,

2013 Suburban with 84k miles on it, recently it through a CEL related to the infamous P0521, low oil pressure code. The sensor was replaced, code reset, and all was well for about a week. CEL again came on related to the same code, P0521. This time I replaced the filter screen below the oil pressure sensor, reused sensor since it was less than a week old, reset code, and all was well for about two weeks, now the CEL has again came on with the same code.

Am I missing something? The Truck runs great, oil was recently changed with a new filter as well (Amsoil Synthetic), it doesn’t burn oil. The P0521 code is one of those “permanent” codes that stays in the ECM until a certain driving procedure is followed, I found that out when clearing the codes both times previously. I was able to delete the temporary codes but not the permanent one. Could the sensor be bad when the code was thrown the second time? Is there a specific brand sensor that people are buying with success?

Could there just be some sludge in the motor and I need to buy something like a 5 pack of oil filters and oil pressure filter screens and just change them more frequently a few times? With this last oil change I did add some Stiction Eliminator from HotShots Secret which has worked well for me in previous vehicles. This truck is new to me so I thought the application of this additive would help clean up the internals and give me a good baseline.

Don't want it to happen again? Follow this video that I made. You have got to clean the passage. If not you're just filling the screen up with the trash that fell back down. Change the oil and filter when you do it as well and use a DELCO filter! FOLLOW THIS VIDEO, LIKE THIS VIDEO, SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHANNEL, AND THE YOUTUBE AUTO MECHANIC FAIRY WILL FIX YOUR PROBLEM! But you have to do all 3!

Edited by carnau
  • Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 3/7/2018 at 6:39 AM, Iggy913 said:

I missed that step with the compressed air and brake clean!! I’ll try that today along with a new filter screen and oil change. Thank you

I know this is an old post but... did it work to cure the low oil pressure code?