2018 Silverado 1500 tow mirrors

Hi everyone I’m new to this forum and would like some help. I just bought a 2018 Silverado 1500 its a ltz z71 crew cab with folding mirrors. I would like to upgrade my small mirrors to tow mirrors but want them to stay power folding. Is this even possibly the dealer said I couldn’t even get tow mirrors. Said I need to drop the z71 package and get the heavy tow package to be able to have tow mirrors. But he also said that’s just what the computer is telling him. Any help would be great thanks. 

Edited by Brad8909

8 hours ago, newdude said:

84041609 and 84228892 are the mirrors you will need, and you will also need new door harnesses.  Door harnesses for 2018 are build date specific, so I'd need a VIN to get those #s. 

Do these mirrors have the defrost heat turn signals and the whole 9 yards. 

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:14 PM, Brad8909 said:

Do these mirrors have the defrost heat turn signals and the whole 9 yards. 

Those are the DQS spec'd mirrors, so similar options as the DL3 mirrors that are on your LTZ.  So, power upper glass, heated upper glass, manual lower glass, turn signal in upper glass, power fold, manual extend, the reverse/cargo lamp and the amber front marker light. 

You can do the DPN spec tow mirrors but you lose power fold.   

3 hours ago, newdude said:

Those are the DQS spec'd mirrors, so similar options as the DL3 mirrors that are on your LTZ.  So, power upper glass, heated upper glass, manual lower glass, turn signal in upper glass, power fold, manual extend, the reverse/cargo lamp and the amber front marker light. 

You can do the DPN spec tow mirrors but you lose power fold.   

Okay thanks. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2018 at 8:17 AM, newdude said:

84041609 and 84228892 are the mirrors you will need, and you will also need new door harnesses.  Door harnesses for 2018 are build date specific, so I'd need a VIN to get those #s. 

Newdude,

I have a 2017 Sierra 1500 and am looking for the same thing. Same as you listed earlier ..

"So, power upper glass, heated upper glass, manual lower glass, turn signal in upper glass, power fold, manual extend, the reverse/cargo lamp and the amber front marker light."

Would I need the same part numbers, or is it different for 2017, and what harness will I need?

11 hours ago, Cgilson said:

Newdude,

I have a 2017 Sierra 1500 and am looking for the same thing. Same as you listed earlier ..

"So, power upper glass, heated upper glass, manual lower glass, turn signal in upper glass, power fold, manual extend, the reverse/cargo lamp and the amber front marker light."

Would I need the same part numbers, or is it different for 2017, and what harness will I need?

Do a search on this forum and you will find the information you need and a lot more!  Member pgamboa is an expert in all matters pertaining to mirrors and once you make contact with him, your modification adventure will be smooth sailing

• 1 year later...