Service stabilitrak

Dave B

Was having trouble with stabilitrak for a few months now. Got a launch pro elite diagnostic tool. It gave me 2 codes c0267-00 and c0110-61. My truck showed brake fluid low and traction control warning as well. When I knocked on the abs module motor with a screw driver it fixed the problems. I also replaced 

On 3/13/2024 at 11:14 PM, 604aleX said:

Was having trouble with stabilitrak for a few months now. Got a launch pro elite diagnostic tool. It gave me 2 codes c0267-00 and c0110-61. My truck showed brake fluid low and traction control warning as well. When I knocked on the abs module motor with a screw driver it fixed the problems. I also replaced 

Why is your text in a very light grey font?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

So I know this is an old thread but I have some useful information.

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 LTZ crew cab 4x4 in Western Australia.

On a recent trip in a remote location in our north, I all of a sudden got the following alarm messages;

• Service stabilitrak
  • Service park assist

Along with the alarm messages on my DIC, I also had the ABS and traction control lights on in the speedometer gauge. The compass direction (i.e. N, E, S, W) indicator located where the shift position is on the DIC wasn't working either. It would lock onto whatever direction the car was pointed when started.

I connected my OBD reader to the OBD2 port and the ECM was not throwing up any error codes. After a few basic checks, I set about disconnecting the wheel speed sensors one by one to measure the coil resistance (hall effect pick-ups). After disconnecting the first wheel speed sensor at the front right wheel, I realised that a disconnected (or faulty wheel speed sensor) wouldn't throw a code - which surprised me. The coil resistance seemed to be uniformly about 4.5K ohms.

Eventually I discovered that the left rear wheel speed sensor was open circuit. I ordered a new wheel speed sensor from the USA (USD45) and replaced it. All of the problems described above were fixed and I no longer have any problems.

I hope this information helps anyone else with a similar problem.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Big Syd said:

So I know this is an old thread but I have some useful information.

I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 LTZ crew cab 4x4 in Western Australia.

On a recent trip in a remote location in our north, I all of a sudden got the following alarm messages;

• Service stabilitrak
  • Service park assist

Along with the alarm messages on my DIC, I also had the ABS and traction control lights on in the speedometer gauge. The compass direction (i.e. N, E, S, W) indicator located where the shift position is on the DIC wasn't working either. It would lock onto whatever direction the car was pointed when started.

I connected my OBD reader to the OBD2 port and the ECM was not throwing up any error codes. After a few basic checks, I set about disconnecting the wheel speed sensors one by one to measure the coil resistance (hall effect pick-ups). After disconnecting the first wheel speed sensor at the front right wheel, I realised that a disconnected (or faulty wheel speed sensor) wouldn't throw a code - which surprised me. The coil resistance seemed to be uniformly about 4.5K ohms.

Eventually I discovered that the left rear wheel speed sensor was open circuit. I ordered a new wheel speed sensor from the USA (USD45) and replaced it. All of the problems described above were fixed and I no longer have any problems.

I hope this information helps anyone else with a similar problem.

A more advanced code reader would have read the code just for future reference.  Not sure if you can get the BlueDriver or OBDLinkMX down in Australia, but either is worth the $100 or so USD for it as they can read codes system wide, not just engine and transmission.  

• Like 1