Question about Max Towing Package

JimZRyd

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like DPN's the can be ordered on reg cab trucks  (which cannot have NHT), but on 1500 DC and 1500 crew DPN and DQS are NHT only

Below is cut an paste from the order guide:

DPN         Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical trailering, upper glass, manual-folding and extending, Black; includes integrated turn signal indicators consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) and addition of auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp
Base sierra - Requires (PDD) Sierra Convenience Package, Regular Cab model and (Z82) Trailering Package or (ZW9) pickup box delete. Includes (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror. 
SLE - For Crew Cab and Double Cab models required and only available with (NHT) Max Trailering Package. For Regular Cab model requires (Z82) Trailering Package or (ZW9) pickup box delete. Includes (DD8) auto-dimming inside rearview mirror on all models.    A1    A2    --   

DQS         Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable vertical trailering, memory-equipped, upper glass, power-folding and manual extending, chrome; includes integrated turn signal indicators, consisting of 51 square inch flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5 square inch convex mirror surface with a common head and lower convex spotter glass (convex glass is not heated and not power adjustable) and addition of auxiliary cargo lamp for backing up (helps to see trailer when backing up with a trailer) and amber auxiliary clearance lamp
SLT - Required and only available with (NHT) Max Trailering Package.

Well that conflicts with the online configurator which I’ve built many times. Doesn’t matter either way , easy retrofit if needed. Believe I’m going to hold out for a 2019 anyway??

2019's are nice, but most of the kinks have been worked out of the K2's at this point. My 2014 was the first model of a new year, worst truck I have ever owned bar none. Just something to keep in mind before you pull the trigger on a 2019. I will never buy the first MY of anything again based on my experience with this truck. Don't listen to me though as my opinion will probably change when my dealer brings in a '19 L86 All Terrain dbl cab lol. 

• 3 weeks later...

Question 1:  NHT owners, Where did you find your NHT?  Did you have to order it or was it on a lot?  I've been looking for new and used however they are hard to find.

Question 2.  How much stiffer is the ride than the standard suspension?  It's not too rough for a daily driver?

4 hours ago, Ray2d2 said:

Question 1:  NHT owners, Where did you find your NHT?  Did you have to order it or was it on a lot?  I've been looking for new and used however they are hard to find.

Question 2.  How much stiffer is the ride than the standard suspension?  It's not too rough for a daily driver?

Rides the same - I did order mine - well worth the wait ...........  Only way color combo and all was to be had - that coco dune interior shows dirt too easily - found them but they always had the coco dune.......

Lady Siren 3-16-17.JPG

5 hours ago, Ray2d2 said:

When I was looking for a max tow I also wanted a crew cab standard bed configuration.  In February my dealer found 3 in the country.  All of them had different options than what I wanted so I ended up ordering.  No compromise and I get exactly what I want.  It is scheduled to be delivered at the dealer next week.  I cant wait!  

23 hours ago, Ray2d2 said:

Depends on of you want a Chevy or GMC...  If Ok with GMC, Laura GMC in Illinois has a lot of NHT crew cab trucks on the lot, most of any dealership I have seen. I tried to find one locally, but couldn't.....I wanted a Chevy but there weren't any in a 300 mile radius of me...The NHT package is pretty rare to find in either brand...But Lauras has a good stock of them

Archived