I purchased a 2017 4wd Yukon XL and it doesn't have front tow hooks.  I ordered the tow hooks from a GM accessory website and one has already been installed.  The other will work when installed.  The problem is that the air dam below the bumper is not cut out so i had to do my own modifications on the air damn for the first tow hook installation.  With the hook installed, it barely reaches the front edge of the air dam thus making the tow hook basically unusable.  I am trying to locate the part number for the correct air dam with tow hook holes so it can be installed in place of the current one.  Anyone have any ideas?  I will reach out to my local dealer this coming week but I doubt they will be much help.  

13 hours ago, 2017YukonXL said:

I purchased a 2017 4wd Yukon XL and it doesn't have front tow hooks.  I ordered the tow hooks from a GM accessory website and one has already been installed.  The other will work when installed.  The problem is that the air dam below the bumper is not cut out so i had to do my own modifications on the air damn for the first tow hook installation.  With the hook installed, it barely reaches the front edge of the air dam thus making the tow hook basically unusable.  I am trying to locate the part number for the correct air dam with tow hook holes so it can be installed in place of the current one.  Anyone have any ideas?  I will reach out to my local dealer this coming week but I doubt they will be much help.  

Even with my factory air dam / tow hook combo its impossible to fit a standard size clevis (D-ring) so I purchased a few soft shackles to use in conjunction with my other recovery gear.

https://www.southeastoverland.com/soft-shackles-3-8-southeast-overland-7-250-lbs

HIGHLY recommended.  Hand made in the USA.   

Thank you @aaronarf.  I do plan to get some soft shackles once i have a place to attach them.  

@2017SierraSLT-Is the adaptative cruise control really something that will be in the way?  I thought that on my 2017 Yukon XL, the adaptive cruise control was done through the rear view mirror.  When under my car, I do not see any sensors that would prevent the recovery hooks from getting installed.  Part 22936425 Lower Molding seems like it would work fine.  Am I missing something?  

I installed the passenger side hook yesterday but had to cut (looks terrible at the moment) the air dam where the hooks come through.  Was planning on doing the drivers side soon if i couldn't fine the correct air dam to order.  Your picture really helps.  I plan to look again today to see if there will be any problems.  With a truck this expensive though, i would rather order the correct part and it look like the OEM parts.  

Thanks.

Archived