2017 Denali 7" Rough Country lift kit required parts installation issues

20X12  is usually a -44 offset, that's gonna make a big difference running 35's. With a 9" or even a 10" wheel you should clear 35's with a 6" lift on these newer trucks.

5 hours ago, 6.2denali818 said:

I went with the one that keeps the factory track width. Rough Country calls this their bracket kit. The spindle kit they have is only a 6" kit. The tech did mention that they don't have an exact release date yet but they are working on a 7" spindle kit that will work with stamped steel control arms. He said it would be more than 3-4 months out before they stock it.

The other Full Throttle Suspension kit I found claims to be 100% bolt on, no drilling or trimming required. Im in the process of contacting one of their reps to get more information on it since nobody I've spoken to has enough experience with them to actually recommend their kits. 

BDS has an awesome warranty on their kits, they will replace any part of their kit no questions asked.

I'm a touch lost, When I went to Rough Country page, and then Filter down thru GMC lift, and Denali lift they have a 5 inch, 6, inch and a 7 inch spindle lift listed on their page. Is this information in-correct?  All three spindle lifts are the same price, listed at 1299.95 versus the one 7" bracket lift for 1399.95 

Also if I was to go with a spindle lift has anyone seen if I would need to go with an aftermarket upper arm? I've seen a few other lifts  that of course do not include them but people are going with a better arm set up to accommodate the lift. Any Opinions on that? Or would the damn mag ride have me stuck since the leveling rod for the shock goes to the factory arm. Im sure I could just drill and tap, or weld the bracket in the right spot then have them re-powdered.. Or is it worth it to run an aftermarket upper? 

5a726278a96e8_7inchRCspindlelift.thumb.png.b55bb82fbbf68dc9feea43c402bcb9d1.png

Hmmmmm thats weird. I just took another look at the rough country site because that kit wasn't coming up for me. It looks like when you input 2017 denali 4x4 it only gives you the option for the 5 and 6" spindle kits along with the 7" bracket kit. When you change the year to a 2016 denali 4x4 if give you the option for the kit you posted. 

Regardless though the kit still isn't compatible with factory stamped steel control arms. If you have aluminum control arms then all the kits listed are compatible. 

BDS cleared up the issue between the kits and I called the dealer to confirm the part numbers used by the factory. It turns out that trucks with factory aluminum control arms and stamped steel control arms use the same knuckle. Cast Steel uses a different knuckle. The only reason why you cant use the aluminum kit on a stamped steel kit is that they use a different ball joint size between the two. 

I've seen other guys on here use a section of bar stock and make their own sensor bracket with great success, I was looking for a kit where I wouldnt have to mess with too much to get it to work properly though.

I haven't gotten a response from the techs over at Full Throttle Suspension so it looks like I'll most likely be ordering a BDS kit tomorrow. They have had great customer service so far and Im not even an actual customer yet! That and the warranty they offer on their kits is great as well.

23 minutes ago, 6.2denali818 said:

Hmmmmm thats weird. I just took another look at the rough country site because that kit wasn't coming up for me. It looks like when you input 2017 denali 4x4 it only gives you the option for the 5 and 6" spindle kits along with the 7" bracket kit. When you change the year to a 2016 denali 4x4 if give you the option for the kit you posted. 

Regardless though the kit still isn't compatible with factory stamped steel control arms. If you have aluminum control arms then all the kits listed are compatible. 

BDS cleared up the issue between the kits and I called the dealer to confirm the part numbers used by the factory. It turns out that trucks with factory aluminum control arms and stamped steel control arms use the same knuckle. Cast Steel uses a different knuckle. The only reason why you cant use the aluminum kit on a stamped steel kit is that they use a different ball joint size between the two. 

I've seen other guys on here use a section of bar stock and make their own sensor bracket with great success, I was looking for a kit where I wouldnt have to mess with too much to get it to work properly though.

I haven't gotten a response from the techs over at Full Throttle Suspension so it looks like I'll most likely be ordering a BDS kit tomorrow. They have had great customer service so far and Im not even an actual customer yet! That and the warranty they offer on their kits is great as well.

Well that's my fault.. as I didn't even notice that you've repeatedly said that you have a 2017. I mean I read it but never bothered to notice that the pages are cutting the years from a 16 to a 17. Thanks for the input on the control arm difference, that makes sense. I'm still at a toss on the brand to go with. I'm really like BDS and have ran them on previous trucks. If I go with a spindle lift I'm going with BDS. If i just do the brackets them I'll probably just do RC since I don't need struts or spindles.. I saw a post a while back of a side by side comparison of the BDS spindle vs RC Spindle.. its night and day difference about the meat BDS puts on theirs vs RC. 

No problem I had to go back and double check for myself because I hadn't seen the kit you posted. I found a couple dealers selling lifted denali's with the Full Throttle Suspension kits installed. Im trying to decide which to go with but Im leaning towards BDS. 

Heres a pic of one of the trucks running a FTS kit for sale at a dealer. 

fts 7 kit denali.jpg

Archived