On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, fatkid24 said:

You didn’t buy two part number pieces? It all came with the one part number? The 84526978?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, just one part number and it all came together in the box.  I think the "kit" is the one that I ordered from OEM Parts World and it had a pigtail already in the box along with the new module.

The part number 84526978 you referenced is correct.

https://www.oempartsworld.com/oem-parts/gm-f-module-pkg-84526978

Edited by isalas
add info

***BACKORDER UPDATE!!***

I have FINALLY received materials and began shipping all booked orders.  THANK YOU very much for your patience for those of you that purchased one.  ALL booked orders have been filled.  A large # were shipped today, the remaining will ship tomorrow.  Anyone who purchased one of these should have received an email from the USPS on the outbound shipment.  I appreciate everyone's patience and support.  

Thanks!

Phil

On 8/9/2018 at 5:42 PM, isalas said:

Correct, just one part number and it all came together in the box.  I think the "kit" is the one that I ordered from OEM Parts World and it had a pigtail already in the box along with the new module.

The part number 84526978 you referenced is correct.

https://www.oempartsworld.com/oem-parts/gm-f-module-pkg-84526978

What was the timeline between when you ordered the part, and when you received it?  I placed an order on OEM Parts World 5 days ago, and it still says “processing” as the order status. I emailed them and have not heard a response. 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, 

GM made a retro-fit kit for the older vehicles that didn't not originally include the Qi charging. made available May 9, 2018.

GM# 84526978 includes the new charger and wiring harness. 

GM service Bulletin# 18-NA-153 (I dont have the PDF)

Chart

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/static/pageImages/learnAbout/articles/documents/GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device.pdf

Edited by 05SIERRAMAN

I think I may have received a bad module. I plugged the new updated module into my 17 Denali along with the new harness, and nothing is working. I've set the phone directly onto the module and it's not picking anything up. I have an S7 with a broken charging port, so I have to use wireless charging exclusively. I have wireless chargers all around my house, so I know it can't be my phone with the issue.

I thought maybe there's a blown fuse. Checked the manual and none of the fuses are labeled for the charger. 

Edited by Graeme Andrews

Would anyone know what fuse number the charger is? Can't find it in the manual and can only find it on a Colorado online. Using a meter I didn't get anything from the purple and black wires.

2017 1500 Sierra

Edit

OK, confirmed the module works, hooked it up to my mower and it charged my phone. Just need to find where it's getting power from. 

Edited by sgand2010

Any one found out if a 2019 wireless charger is

1. Fits in a 2014-2018 model or can be modified too easily fit? I have Phil's pigtail installed to upgrade my 16 to 18 wireless charger already... Works great but always want a faster charger.

2. Is the 2019 version a quick charge wireless vs a 2018 model.

Thanks in advance if you hear an update.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On 9/15/2018 at 7:05 PM, 05SIERRAMAN said:

FYI, 

GM made a retro-fit kit for the older vehicles that didn't not originally include the Qi charging. made available May 9, 2018.

GM# 84526978 includes the new charger and wiring harness. 

GM service Bulletin# 18-NA-153 (I dont have the PDF)

Chart

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/static/pageImages/learnAbout/articles/documents/GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device.pdf

This still requires splicing if you didnt have wireless charging before though correct? This is just the harness and charger. Not the mat or centre console part that I see

19 hours ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

This still requires splicing if you didnt have wireless charging before though correct? This is just the harness and charger. Not the mat or centre console part that I see

Rosco... yes its basically its a retrofit for the models that did not support Qi but still offered wireless charging,  never the less I bet its easy to add never the less, I believe there are many that have added wireless charging on the 2014/2015 models. 

Edited by 05SIERRAMAN
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...