Swing out tool box

So what did you think it was made of? Its actually well made of heavy ABS high impact plastic , I never once thought it was cheap. I do agree on the high cost but you have to pay to play

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what did you think it was made of? Its actually well made of heavy ABS high impact plastic , I never once thought it was cheap. I do agree on the high cost but you have to pay to play

Didn’t expect a plastic bucket to have a lock on it, pay to play, lol. In all seriously, I bought two of them one for each side in order to not deal with a tool chest, save your money cause the only thing you can fit in this is a package of toilet paper and get into the bed of your truck, stand over one of these boxes locked, pull hard on either side of the top and you’ll see what I mean, cheap cheap cheap! Buy yourself a rear under seat lock box 14618b15275e2eae2cbed5e6f7f5bc93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your underseat box is very nice but there seems to be alot of others who like the swing box, myself included. 

I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings but the question was about others thought on the product. I’m a business owner, switching out high dollar trucks quite often with an enormous amount of truck ownership and truck products experience. I’m all about quality and my experience with two of them was a bad one. You need to have a padlock on each or easily stolen, seriously cheap plastic so I wouldn’t put anything of value in it, The two only contact hinges rust as well. My advice, buy a tool box and buy an Undercover bed cap which can very easily be taken off for large items in bed and put on for securing items in bed.

Your underseat box is very nice but there seems to be alot of others who like the swing box, myself included. 

I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings but the question was about others thought on the product. I’m a business owner, switching out high dollar trucks quite often with an enormous amount of truck ownership and truck products experience. I’m all about quality and my experience with two of them was a bad one. You need to have a padlock on each or easily stolen, seriously cheap plastic so I wouldn’t put anything of value in it, The two only contact hinges rust as well. My advice, buy a tool box and buy an Undercover bed cap which can very easily be taken off for large items in bed and put on for securing items in bed.

Hurt my feelings, it would take more than you to do that

I guess maybe you had to high expectations for the swingbox.  Yes a steel box mounted inside the cab is going to be more secure/safe than any metal or ABS plastic box mounted in the bed

Mines under a locked tonneau cover so I dont even lock the box. If someone wants to break inside a toolbox bad enough they will do it no matter what its made of . 

Both types of storage boxes have their place depending on what you want to store

Hurt my feelings, it would take more than you to do that

I guess maybe you had to high expectations for the swingbox.  Yes a steel box mounted inside the cab is going to be more secure/safe than any metal or ABS plastic box mounted in the bed

Mines under a locked tonneau cover so I dont even lock the box. If someone wants to break inside a toolbox bad enough they will do it no matter what its made of . 

Both types of storage boxes have their place depending on what you want to store

You’re Absolutely correct, these boxes do have their place. There is one other thing I forgot to mention, they turn a lighter color if left out in the sun because of the whole box being made of plastic.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, TXGREEK said:

save your money cause the only thing you can fit in this is a package of toilet paper and get into the bed of your truck, stand over one of these boxes locked, pull hard on either side of the top and you’ll see what I mean, cheap cheap cheap! Buy yourself a rear under seat lock box

wow, so you had very different expectations when you bought your swing cases I guess. I use mine to keep about $100 worth of supplies and that was the price when new. If someone really wanted to break in to steal my dirty ropes and bungees or my jumper cable, I guess I'll get over it.

If you wanted a secure storage area for valuables then, yes, a bolted down steel box would be better for you. I like how easy it is to remove. its the whole reason I did not want a big freaking metal box blocking half of my 5'-8" bed.

wow, so you had very different expectations when you bought your swing cases I guess. I use mine to keep about $100 worth of supplies and that was the price when new. If someone really wanted to break in to steal my dirty ropes and bungees or my jumper cable, I guess I'll get over it.

If you wanted a secure storage area for valuables then, yes, a bolted down steel box would be better for you. I like how easy it is to remove. its the whole reason I did not want a big freaking metal box blocking half of my 5'-8" bed.

Absolutely, bought them in order to tow a big fifth wheel and have the boxes hold setups for left and right. It’s a great idea but shouldn’t be looked at as a safe place to store anything valuable. I like your setup, looks great!

23 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Absolutely, bought them in order to tow a big fifth wheel and have the boxes hold setups for left and right. It’s a great idea but shouldn’t be looked at as a safe place to store anything valuable. I like your setup, looks great!

The swing cases, if locked, will be more than adequate to stop any casual klepto and even the slightly more determined tweaker, etc. Even more so if the cases are under any type of a bed cover, soft or hard.

Also, it's not like anyone is going to use them to store gold bars or bricks of cash. Folks will just use them to keep sundry items such as tie downs, tow straps, jumper cables etc. Those are not exactly the easiest to turn into cash for the next drug fix.

A really determined thief will just steal the whole truck, making the issue moot. 

I already store items in bins sitting on the floor in the truck's box & like the idea of the swing cases to get the bins out of the way. I used to keep a lot of that stuff under the rear seat, but found some issues with that, so it now stays in the box.

The swing cases, if locked, will be more than adequate to stop any casual klepto and even the slightly more determined tweaker, etc. Even more so if the cases are under any type of a bed cover, soft or hard.

Also, it's not like anyone is going to use them to store gold bars or bricks of cash. Folks will just use them to keep sundry items such as tie downs, tow straps, jumper cables etc. Those are not exactly the easiest to turn into cash for the next drug fix.

A really determined thief will just steal the whole truck, making the issue moot. 

I already store items in bins sitting on the floor in the truck's box & like the idea of the swing cases to get the bins out of the way. I used to keep a lot of that stuff under the rear seat, but found some issues with that, so it now stays in the box.

To each their own, I’m told that I’m a pretty big guy, workout out with heavy weights 6 days a week and all I had to do was lean into bed, pull up on one corner of the box, I almost broke the plastic without giving [emoji817]% of my strength so you could only imagined I was in the bed lol. But, the point I was making, it’s fine for storage but not to use to protect your valuables unless you use a strong bed cover. Like I said before, to each their own and wish everyone luck but be careful because these are “NOT” metal but light weight plastic

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Like I said before, to each their own and wish everyone luck but be careful because these are “NOT” metal but light weight plastic.

I don't think I would call the case itself lightweight, BUT plastic is plastic and it can be damaged or bent under the right amount of force.

When I ordered mine on Amazon through one of their vendors- I got it shipped to me in a crushed box. I opened it up and the corner was cracked. The inside packaging was already opened up, so I thought it was previously damaged and returned, and then sold again. I blamed the delivery service. Anyway, I resolved it with amazon and they sent me a brand new one. The second one was in perfect condition and I have been using it with no issues for 2.5 years now. It is rated for 75 lbs max. I don't think I could put that much weight inside unless a stacked up 10 trailer ball mounts on top of everything else I have in there now.

So yes, we already agree with you, this is nothing more than a catch-all for the junk that would otherwise be rolling around in the bed, or on the cab floor. In my old regular cab, I hid all this same junk behind the seat. But for you who needs permanent, secure storage, the swing case is not for you.

Archived