Swing out tool box

3 hours ago, Robopie said:

That's why I absolutely LOVE my swingcase.    swing it open.  lift it off the bracket and presto! Full space available immediately.  Put the toolbox in the cab or whatever, then empty bed, toolbox back in its usual spot.  Easy peasy. Cant say the same for any other kind of toolbox.

Are the lower rear tiedown points accessible with the case installed, or do you need to remove it to access them?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Nanotech Environmental said:

Are the lower rear tiedown points accessible with the case installed, or do you need to remove it to access them?

I can reach both the factory lower tie-down, and the retractable one I added to the top corner. The only issue is you have to watch the direction of pull on your rope/bungee. I only use light pressure on anything that is pulling against the swing case. But as said repeatedly, if you are hauling anything large, a couple times a year, I just throw the case in the floor of the back seat, or leave it in the garage and take the straps along that I need.

I would say the biggest pro to this tool box is its convenience. easy to use and easy to remove.

23 minutes ago, aseibel said:

I can reach both the factory lower tie-down, and the retractable one I added to the top corner. The only issue is you have to watch the direction of pull on your rope/bungee. I only use light pressure on anything that is pulling against the swing case. But as said repeatedly, if you are hauling anything large, a couple times a year, I just throw the case in the floor of the back seat, or leave it in the garage and take the straps along that I need.

I would say the biggest pro to this tool box is its convenience. easy to use and easy to remove.

Do you find yours to be dust/water-tight? (no leaks?)

5 minutes ago, kevinfranklin said:

Do you find yours to be dust/water-tight? (no leaks?)

oh, for sure. there is a rubber gasket around the edge of the lid.

I've pressure washed out my truck bed with this thing in place and no water gets in. I'd feel comfortable storing food in there if I was in need of a cooler.

The tool box is installed, everything is perfect and I love this thing!! Only problem I have is I have to roll my tonneau cover back one roll to be able to open the lid fully on the swing out tool box when it is parallel with the tailgate, other than that I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Jmiller11331 said:

The tool box is installed, everything is perfect and I love this thing!! Only problem I have is I have to roll my tonneau cover back one roll to be able to open the lid fully on the swing out tool box when it is parallel with the tailgate, other than that I love it

Did you just drill thru the liner for the bolts & mount right on it, or cut small sections out to install the swing case?

On 1/30/2018 at 9:04 PM, Jmiller11331 said:

Yeah, the only drawback. I have the same issue, if I want to open the cover all the way, the tonneau must roll back. BUT 9 times out of 10, I can just reach in to the half open cover to grab my straps and there is no problem. I can do that without even swinging the case around.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:04 PM, Jmiller11331 said:

Same here, it also tends to swing back into the truck if you don't hold onto it. It is a fantastic way to store things in the bed. Easy to install. I wish I wouldn't have installed via the instructions though, measuring up 1.75" puts the forward bar at a weird spot that is going to interfere with upward pull on the bed eyelet when the box is off and you need to use that tie down point. 

I bought one, easily installed but was cheaply made. Made completely out of plastic! Gave it along with my truck as trade in. Not worth $200

Archived