2015 Sierra 1500 SLT Headlight housing/bulb replacement

22 minutes ago, Ozer said:

Ah yes good catch, i actually bought them from TRS for $170 myself while back.

So you've had a good experience with the 50w kit?  I was thinking of doing the 35w kit with the 4000K color temp so it's just white pretty much.

Holy Crap you can actually see the headlights before its dark out!

Edited by SkiDooNick700

I been very happy, its been over a year. No buzzing or anything and i have Auto headlights on. The 5500 is pure white, no hint of blue. I think 6500 will be blueish. 4000k may be on the yellow side.
I would do 50w vs 35, get more light on the road. I never been flashed but i have a front level and adjusted the lights down a bit after that.

So you've had a good experience with the 50w kit?  I was thinking of doing the 35w kit with the 4000K color temp so it's just white pretty much.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did a 35w kit with hylux ballasts and Morimoto D2S Mini 4.0 projectors and Morimoto 4500K bulbs. Best upgrade I’ve done, wish I did it sooner. I purchased the kit from fastheadlights.com but I’m pretty sure it drop shipped from TRS. Price was better on fastheadlights and the owner was easy to get ahold of for questions.

I absolutely do not regret getting the 4500k bulb and to my eye it looks closer to natural light than other options I’ve seen. I don’t regret getting the 35w ballasts either. I think my headlights are brighter than 90% of the vehicle’s on the road, brights are simply amazing, and the amount of light is so dramatically different than stock, you will probably laugh that you tolerated driving by candle light for so long.

I also re-aimed my lights. Easy to do and absolutely necessary.

Ozer, your lights look great!

5 hours ago, 300 Blackout said:

I did a 35w kit with hylux ballasts and Morimoto D2S Mini 4.0 projectors and Morimoto 4500K bulbs. Best upgrade I’ve done, wish I did it sooner. I purchased the kit from fastheadlights.com but I’m pretty sure it drop shipped from TRS. Price was better on fastheadlights and the owner was easy to get ahold of for questions.

I absolutely do not regret getting the 4500k bulb and to my eye it looks closer to natural light than other options I’ve seen. I don’t regret getting the 35w ballasts either. I think my headlights are brighter than 90% of the vehicle’s on the road, brights are simply amazing, and the amount of light is so dramatically different than stock, you will probably laugh that you tolerated driving by candle light for so long.

I also re-aimed my lights. Easy to do and absolutely necessary.

Ozer, your lights look great!

It sounds like you had to do a projector swap then?  I don't want to have to break into the headlights.  I'm looking for a pretty simple solution, knowing that the Sierra Spec HID kit from TRS may not necessarily have the best cut off and light pattern with the factory projector.  Still, it sounds like it will be a huge improvement over stock.

Do your headlights actually light up the road a bit in the rain? LOL

It sounds like you had to do a projector swap then?  I don't want to have to break into the headlights.  I'm looking for a pretty simple solution, knowing that the Sierra Spec HID kit from TRS may not necessarily have the best cut off and light pattern with the factory projector.  Still, it sounds like it will be a huge improvement over stock.

Do your headlights actually light up the road a bit in the rain? LOL

It was literally a night and day difference.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:24 AM, Ozer said:

I been very happy, its been over a year. No buzzing or anything and i have Auto headlights on. The 5500 is pure white, no hint of blue. I think 6500 will be blueish. 4000k may be on the yellow side.
I would do 50w vs 35, get more light on the road. I never been flashed but i have a front level and adjusted the lights down a bit after that.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hey Ozer, so when you install the HID kit, what if a bulb fails, could you swap in a regular halogen bulb as a temporary fix? Or does this new harness and such only work/fit with a particular HID bulb?

10 hours ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

Hey Ozer, so when you install the HID kit, what if a bulb fails, could you swap in a regular halogen bulb as a temporary fix? Or does this new harness and such only work/fit with a particular HID bulb?

You should be able to, the kit gets plugged into the OEM plug. You may need to put halogen into both sides, not sure. Hid kit only uses one side of the OEM plug. Other one stays unplugged there.