What do you want to see in the new 2019 Silverado?

Jeffro19

13 hours ago, thewhitestallion said:

Seeing how I do a lot of road trips with people in the back seat that is why I would like more room. Not to mention I could put more stuff in the back that might not get along with wet weather... 

The 36 gallon fuel tank kind of goes inline with the road trip deal, especially when pulling a trailer.

Umm, I suggest just putting a soft roll-up tonneau cover on the box. Gives you the best of both worlds; clears stuff out of the cab and keeps it dry in the box. Rolls up and out of the way when you need the box. 

I did this on my '17 after not having a bed cover on my previous truck. Works so much better.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I want to see this at all but I've been wondering if we'll see GM tightening up on how we mod our trucks.
Ie. Computer flashing, leveling kits, etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of system that they could be notified online so to speak if you tune the computer. Hope not

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, cracked_up said:

I'd like to see a factory option (1500 at least) for load leveling air bags, so when I use my truck it acts like a truck without pointing the nose at the moon! 

That reminds me...I'd like to see electronic headlight level adjustment.

Can't believe that it's not standard in trucks, since they're build to haul loads.

so long

j-ten-ner

On 12/31/2017 at 12:47 AM, Sean3565 said:

Looks like the new truck is getting keyless entry and I would think that would mean push button start also.

Keyless.thumb.jpg.21b1a2a242fce89cd66701ea75412efe.jpg

You'll need a pic of the left side to know for sure. There hasn't been a key lock on the right side for years. At least not on SLE equivalent levels . Wasn't one on my previous 06, nor is there one on my 17.

8 hours ago, Nanotech Environmental said:

You'll need a pic of the left side to know for sure. There hasn't been a key lock on the right side for years. At least not on SLE equivalent levels . Wasn't one on my previous 06, nor is there one on my 17.

I was trying to show the little chrome button on the door handle which usually indicates keyless entry. (there is a button on all four door handles on the truck shown in this video).

20 minutes ago, Sean3565 said:

I was trying to show the little chrome button on the door handle which usually indicates keyless entry. (there is a button on all four door handles on the truck shown in this video).

Wasn't aware that there was a little button for that on some trucks. I have keyless on my 17 and no chrome button......

On 12/29/2017 at 3:28 AM, Nanotech Environmental said:

Umm, I suggest just putting a soft roll-up tonneau cover on the box. Gives you the best of both worlds; clears stuff out of the cab and keeps it dry in the box. Rolls up and out of the way when you need the box. 

I did this on my '17 after not having a bed cover on my previous truck. Works so much better.

I used to have one and hated it. I don't understand your need to tell people their needs / wants... :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, thewhitestallion said:

I used to have one and hated it. I don't understand your need to tell people their needs / wants... :rolleyes:

Actually it was only a mere suggestion, as clearly stated. You stated your want, I offered a solution that I know works from experience. It was nothing more than that...........

Cheers :)

We have a pretty broad list of options to chose from on the trucks today.  We can get from "German luxury car" options to Work Truck level.  It's a pretty good selection as is.  But, if I had to choose more things, it'd be to include the option to hook your smart phone (Android or Apple) to the touch screen and replicate the functions and screen, rather than have the options of built-in GPS and other gizmos.  My thought is that the truck is a longer lived product than a smart phone and should be accommodating of the smart phone, not competing with it.

I'd like to retain the key type ignition. 

I'd like GM to do a better job of inner bed wall design, so as to eliminate the manufacturing hole under the ledge of the bed, in order for us topper and bed cover people have a relatively environmentally sealed bed.

6 hours ago, Spurshot said:

We have a pretty broad list of options to chose from on the trucks today.  We can get from "German luxury car" options to Work Truck level.  It's a pretty good selection as is.  But, if I had to choose more things, it'd be to include the option to hook your smart phone (Android or Apple) to the touch screen and replicate the functions and screen, rather than have the options of built-in GPS and other gizmos.

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

https://www.android.com/auto/

I'm pretty sure they added CarPlay in 2016. My 2016 1500 LT has it, while my mother's 2015 Colorado and dad's 2015 Sierra 3500HD SLT does not. It is quite handy. You should check it out!

On 12/28/2017 at 9:04 AM, amxguy1970 said:

So basically you want a german luxury car but that looks like a truck? Surprised a console shifter wasn't listed (keep the column).

Tyler

Console shifter.... :lol::lol::lol: ... for performance and what not.

My number one request is to bring back the extended cab with 8' box in a 1500 and 4X4. I was actually sipping some of the dreaded blue Kool-Aid looking at a F150 EX cab, 8' 4x4........ I was able to shake off the effects of the blue Kool-Aid for now. But later this year or next I will be looking to replace my K1500 EX 8' 4x4 with another one. Right now GM don't make one and I have no need for a K2500 that gets 12-14 MPG and rides like a truck. I test drove a 2017 K2500 EX 8' 4x4 and did not like it.

I would also like to see the 350 with NO AFM come back and/or some better gearing options for the 1500 like 3.73 or even better a 4.10. Most of my driving is off road or city and the higher gears would work better and actually get better overall gas mileage.

I would also love to NOT have to pay for onstar or sirrus radio type nonsence or orther installed options that are not activated unless I pay more money AGAIN.

I’d like to see NHT available on high country and Denali. Those trims could really benefit from the added payload.  I’d like to see less black interiors.  I really liked the brown High Country Interior of the k2xx trucks.  

Archived