Front end noise when turning steering wheel.

Ok so on a take off (dead stop) to an acceleration I hear a slight ticking noise almost a little bit of a crackle. Sometimes mostly after driving a little more miles I will hear a noise when I press the brakes and decompress the brakes in the front end. I also hear this noise when I turn my wheel. The dealer will refuse to dig into anything unless they can reinact the noise and I have showed videos to another mechanic and he said it’s in my steering column. This has genuinely been pissing me off. I had another thread before and a member mentioned the steering gear but obviously the dealer didn’t say/do anything about it when I brought it up to them.

Reminds me of a sticking caliper?  Especially since it does it when hitting the brakes.  Being that it does it turning though, a dried out front end component, be it a ball joint or tie rod end could be it.  I don't see how a dealer couldn't duplicate it.  I think you should take it there while its doing it and have them look at it. 

5 minutes ago, newdude said:

Reminds me of a sticking caliper?  Especially since it does it when hitting the brakes.  Being that it does it turning though, a dried out front end component, be it a ball joint or tie rod end could be it.  I don't see how a dealer couldn't duplicate it.  I think you should take it there while its doing it and have them look at it. 

Thing is..doesn’t do it all the time. I hear the crackle sound from a take off all the time but the noise in videos doesn’t happen every time I drive.

Its the steering gear. Mine did the same thing after a leveling kit and bigger tires were installed. Luckily the dealership replaced the gear and noise was gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived