When does the Yukon/Tahoe REALLY go on sale?

Ok I’m toying with the idea of trading my wife’s ‘15 (paid for) 4Runner for a 2017 Yukon/Tahoe.   Right now, my local dealership has one equipped the way I’d want “at employee pricing.”   About $4700 off a $60k sticker.    

That wont do it.  I’m looking at trade + how much to finance for a short term.   

When?  January?

I think your question should not be WHEN but IF they go on sale. Year end should be the best time to buy at lower prices, after the next model year is released. But then you are stuck with dealer inventory and less options if you are picky. These vehicles don't seem to have problems selling even with their high sticker prices. They may never REALLY go on sale.

Each month offers a different GM gimmick promo deal. Right now its "employee pricing". if you don't like that, wait 3 weeks and try again.

I just bought this 2018 Yukon SLT (loaded), at Robert Brogden GMC Buick, Olathe KS.  I followed their website and others for over a year looking to trade my '15 Acadia.

This was their deal:  Sticker was $68,905... Sale price $57,405.  Over $11,000 below sticker!

They always have great pricing, but their December sale is the best I've seen across the Midwest.

Checkout their website!  http://www.robertbrogden.com/

20171205_164822.jpg

Beautiful.  Thanks.   

I do recognize the “supply and demand”principle.   I guess production (and competition) on the 1/2 ton twins is what allowed me to get what I thought was a good deal on my ‘16 Sierra.  Was hoping the pricing trend carried substantially across models.   

• 2 weeks later...

In general the discounts on Tahoe/Yukons are never quite as good as the pickups. 

In my experience the best time to make deals on them is as the next year's models start showing up. So if they've got some 2018s on the lot and a handful of 2017s to get rid of, that's the right time.

The only time I've seen better deals is when they do a significant body change. In 2015 when they launched the current version Tahoe/Yukon a neighbor bought a fully loaded 2014 Denali XL (one of the last three on the lot) for like $51k (sticker was almost $70k). 

I would say July/August is when I see the best deals every year here in DFW. Lowest 4x4 Denali last summer was right at 60k; about 61k or 12.5k off now at beck & masten north (think thats houston)...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Archived