Best Tuners out there for our 5.3’s?

Hello there ladies and gentlemen! I come to you guys again for help finding something... A good tuner chip/monitor.

Here's the catch: I want a tuner that has a monitor so I can see how my trucks doing while I’m driving. I’ve heard that the DiabloSport intune i3 is a good tuner for our trucks, but I don’t see any mounting options... Unless I buy a phone mount for my windshield? Really not looking into blackbear at the moment, even though I’ve heard so many good things about it. I'd like to keep my price at below 400. I am very interested in the intune i3, but can I mount it with a windshield mount for a phone or is there an actual mount sold separately for it? Can I even use it as a monitor as well? 

What programmer/monitor do you guys recommend for my price range?

Klug Performance in Michigan does remote tuning with HP Tuners. He charges 250 for custom tunes. I have had great results with his tunes. As far as a monitor I am not sure on those options. I would not mind having one for my truck as well to be honest. Ill post some time slips with my gains on my 5.3

https://www.facebook.com/Klug-Performance-1563100830623160/

gallery_141350_4634_76296.jpeg

gallery_141350_4634_737079.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I went with Diablew, of course I'd prefer to use EFI live, but for the price you can get the same results for a dd. Unless your adding big power, I would reccomend using Diablew. You use the Diablo tuner but he tweaks your settings in more powerful software and sends them back to you. He's got a pretty good reputation out there as well. Plus free updates for a year. 

• Like 1

I have the TruXP tuner from autoanything and its pretty cool, i didnt feel a big kick in the pants but the features to change tire size, disable AFM, change shift points, increase throttle response up to 20% more and monitors in real time and so on... Also comes with 87, 91, economy and tow tunes loaded. 

I did AFM disable, 20% throttle increase and tried 87 and 91 tunes. Truck feels more nimble and shifts better already.

Its $199 now so i say give it a try. Its also isnt locked to a VIN like others so you can go back to stock tune and the tuner will be unlocked to use on other trucks or to sell.

On 11/30/2017 at 10:57 AM, Gorske said:

Klug Performance in Michigan does remote tuning with HP Tuners. He charges 250 for custom tunes. I have had great results with his tunes. As far as a monitor I am not sure on those options. I would not mind having one for my truck as well to be honest. Ill post some time slips with my gains on my 5.3

Those are outstanding numbers for a full wt 4x4 truck

Look into the Autometer Dashlink. It plugs into your OBD port and bluetooth's to your phone. I use it to monitor timing, boost, intake temps and other stuff. It does all kinds of things. 140 bucks but by the time you install all the gauges or things to monitor what it does its not a bad deal. 

Edited by MattM2485
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2018 at 1:21 PM, SWOYER said:

I went with Diablew, of course I'd prefer to use EFI live, but for the price you can get the same results for a dd. Unless your adding big power, I would reccomend using Diablew. You use the Diablo tuner but he tweaks your settings in more powerful software and sends them back to you. He's got a pretty good reputation out there as well. Plus free updates for a year. 

I have a Diablo Intune i2 with a custom DiabLew tune.

He has excellent customer service and my truck has been running great for the last 18 months when i tuned it

Its great because you have the i2 to Tune/UnTune the truck and also run diagnostics.

Of course, an HP Tuners Custom Tune by an experienced tuner would be better (?) but im fairly happy with my truck

Just my 2 cents

On 5/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, SILVER SLED said:

An i3 is not a monitor.  It can scan for codes, but it won't show any sensor info to be displayed in the dash.  It is a tuner and code checker/clearer only. 

My intune i2 can run sensor paramters and display it live on the screen, but its too small and dangerous to pay attention to it

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/30/2017 at 10:57 AM, Gorske said:

Old Post, not sure if you remember but are these gains of .6 seconds and almost 4mph on 91 octane or E85?