Dumbest Special Edition Silverado

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Special Edition" vehicles in general are pretty ridiculous. Lots of extra $ for some stickers and emblems? I guess I can see it if it comes with some special wheels or something that can actually justify the price.

Ive seen a bunch of Nissan Altimas in my line of work (Auto body tech) that have badges on the trunk that say "SPECIAL EDITION" but I couldn't find any difference between them and a "normal" Altima.

I like my midnight edition.. no goofy emblems or anything. Just black every where.

For the $1850 list ( didn’t pay that) you get some good options including the black wheels, duratrac tires, and a few other goodies. I really like the Z71 door emblem better than the side of the bed decal you see on most Z71’s. In order to get the midnight package, you have to get the all star package, which has lots of functional extras I wanted anyways.

Plus they seem to add more additional options to the special edition trucks that are hard to find on an LT trim level. Mine has Bose and leather which non of the LT’s on the lot had, and they had a lot of LT’s.

6eb394058c8c6951f2cf62e6e8cc3279.jpg

0278f693358706be1606c9298c36b7de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 8:19 PM, MIDNITEZ71 said:

to each his own.... 

i would buy this if I seen it on the lot.badass looking truck.

I agree, loose the cowl,stinger hood and it is a good looking truck!

The first thing I noticed when I got my truck (Had a Jeep) was when I parked at my kids football game... in the long row of crew cab trucks. So, if someone wants to stand out from the crowd with a "special edition" I can't blame them. 

In fact, I'd personally like to see even more of this. Dealer installed options back in the day is how we got some of the cool collector cars that are out there today- think "Yenko"

Just my .02

On 12/2/2017 at 6:23 PM, Loco-diablo said:

I like my midnight edition.. no goofy emblems or anything. Just black every where.

For the $1850 list ( didn’t pay that) you get some good options including the black wheels, duratrac tires, and a few other goodies. I really like the Z71 door emblem better than the side of the bed decal you see on most Z71’s. In order to get the midnight package, you have to get the all star package, which has lots of functional extras I wanted anyways.

Plus they seem to add more additional options to the special edition trucks that are hard to find on an LT trim level. Mine has Bose and leather which non of the LT’s on the lot had, and they had a lot of LT’s.

6eb394058c8c6951f2cf62e6e8cc3279.jpg

0278f693358706be1606c9298c36b7de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like that badge better than the sticker on regular Z71s

I enjoy my Redline....very much? and I'm glad I loaded it with options like I did. Special Editions are no different than raising or lowering or leaving it as it is! The "Real Deal" is to ENJOY what you get and hope that it's nor 'RECALLED"? 

On 11/30/2017 at 11:23 PM, i82much said:

check out the dragon edition wrangler sometime.. it looks like the smokey and the bandit trans am made a baby with a jeep.  

I used to own a Wrangler that so many issues and the dealer tried to convince me that what sounded to be a bent rod was a "normal sound". To show me that it was normal they had me drive one of these for a few days, of course it didn't make the noise. The look of the dragon edition is horrendous. I could feel the Bro trying to take over and the urge to buy a Tapout shirt was starting to rub off on me. 

1 hour ago, pjerzy said:

I used to own a Wrangler that so many issues and the dealer tried to convince me that what sounded to be a bent rod was a "normal sound". To show me that it was normal they had me drive one of these for a few days, of course it didn't make the noise. The look of the dragon edition is horrendous. I could feel the Bro trying to take over and the urge to buy a Tapout shirt was starting to rub off on me. 

I had a 2012 2 door Rubicon and then a 2013 four door Rubicon.  If Jeep could build a quality product, I would still have the four door.  But I had so many problems with my Jeeps, and I have never had problems with either GM or Ford.  I wish GM or Ford would build a dedicated, convertible Wrangler fighter, something with a front solid axle and locker, removable doors, etc.  

I like that zr4 truck. I have a 2014 rally. Seems like the new rallys you dont get anything extra besides stripes and work truck level trim. Atleast on the 2014 you got a better radio and some other stuff. and not WT trim.

since im not into camo the real tree thing looks stupid to me. 

I had a few special edition fords prior to my GMC
my 2015 F150 was "cant stop the water from getting in the cab" edition
and so ford replaced it with a 2017 f150 and that was the " you thought your fist f150 was bad with waterleaks, wait till it rains with this one" edition

I lemon law both trucks and now have a 17 GMC sierrra with the " we gave you the wrong price" edition but it was in my favor so I am happy

Archived