2017 GMC Shaking and engine light blinks

CyprusTM

8 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Next time that happens, press the OnStar button and tell them you need a remote diagnostic scan.  They can tell you and your dealer what the trouble code is, in real time. 

Well on my way to work this morning the truck started to act up again this time i could not drive it anymore, was stuck in the middle of nowhere for 2 hours till they came and towed it back to the dealership. They gave me a rental, and they will keep it to see what's wrong with it. Same problem shaking and a bad gas smell which i believe is a missfire. It's a great truck and had no problems until 3 months ago when the shake started, at the time they said they cannot do anything if no engine light on. Will wait and see.

Now that i am home i checked my emails and got this from the GM App "An Issue with the emission system on your 2017 GMC Sierra has been detected. Please service your viehicle within 7 days".

1 hour ago, 2017SierraSLT said:

I wish these dealers would actually fix these vehicles correctly the first time. Comebacks should rarely happen.

They just emailed me the report

Inspect and report for intermit Check engine light on. Customer was driving and the light came on. When that
happened there was a really bad vibration, like the vehicle was shaking
Quantity Description/Correction Price Total
$0.00 $0.00
Tech Cause: Ses light is not on at this time for me. Scan tested and found history p0300 00 set in ecm.
History missfire counters on cylinder #7. No current missfires displayed at this time. Engine oil level is ok.
Spark plug wire is connected properly to plug and coil pack. I need SF to road test with scan tool to attempt
to duplicate intermitent missfire on cylinder #7. Checked for missfires after vehicle sat over night. No
missfires displayed at this time.
Tech Comments: Ses light is not on at this time for me. Scan tested and found history p0300 00 set in ecm.
History missfire counters on cylinder #7. No current missfires displayed at this time. Engine oil level is ok.
Spark plug wire is connected properly to plug and coil pack. I need SF to road test with scan tool to attempt
to duplicate intermitent missfire on cylinder #7. Checked for missfires after vehicle sat over night. No
missfires displayed at this time. - Warranty
Completed by Technician number: 5005 $0.00 $0.00
0Misc $0.00 Labour $0.00 Parts $0.00 Prepaid Parts Amt: $0.00 Case Total: $0.00
Case: 2 Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection
Quantity Description/Correction Price Total
$0.00 $0.00

Tech Cause: Cause not defined.
Tech Comments: Correction not defined.
Completed by Technician number: 5005

Going by this it seems they did absolutely nothing. Over the phone they told me that a spark plug was installed wrong and that a cylinder was lose. Did they just leave the truck over night and then said hey its good to go. I will see what they say tomorrow as by the time the tow guy took it back to the dealership their service was closed.

Wow. These mechanics now a days are shit. They can't figure anything out unless they have a computer telling them what to do. If it happens one more time, I would look at lemon laws for your state. I would call GM and tell them they have two options. Either buy it back and give you a new truck or they can wait to hear from your attorney and then they can cover your court costs on top of that.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

There are no lemon laws in Canada, only option would be to take them to court. Cheapest option would be to set up shop in front of their dealership with a big sign shaming them. I hope it will be fixed if not ill ask GM to take it to a different dealership, or send someone that actually knows what to look for without a computer telling them what to do. The engine light is on solid right now so hopefully he will "see". I also complained about the grease/oil that was all over the floor mat and on the drivers door panel, they said "sorry".

Jesus dude. Sounds like some real winners at that dealer.

Also, if you know of a good local mechanic, you could ask him to check it out and then you can have some ammunition and information when you go back to the good for nothing GM mechanics.

I have a local mechanic that is a family owned business and extremely honest. I'm just upfront with them if I have something under warranty. I'll say hey, if I float you $50 for your time, do you think you could look over my engine and see if you can see anything wrong. Old school mechanics that weren't taught to be ruled by a computer can usually diagnose an issue within 30 minutes. They don't need codes and computers.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Dealer garages don't pay enough for good mechanics , they get one ,teach them half ass and when they get better they find employment elsewhere!

Your truck , my truck , become guinea pigs, I always expect a complex problem never to be resolved unless I go to a good garage and those are tough to find , so during the warranty Period keep your fingers crossed 

I just had 1 of our trucks at the dealership for a seatbelt recall and all the end caps were broken on the seat rails they just propped them up till the truck left , and at the first light they stopped at  they all rolled to the front 4 of them , really shameful  work , but its a sle work truck who cares,

Everytime a truck goes in  it comes out with some thing else broken 

Archived