2017 GMC Shaking and engine light blinks

CyprusTM

So yesterday my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 that i bought in march brand new and now has 19580km started to shake like crazy as soon as i go over 10km/h and the engine light blinks, it seems it doesn't have any power. Called the dealership and they said to take it in.Should i towe it there as they are 30km away? Very disappointed in this, as i have been telling them about it shaking and a verry rough issue, and they always brushed my concerns off saying that if the engine light is not on they cant diagnose anything. These people depend to much on technology to tell them if something's wrong with something.

So yesterday my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 that i bought in march brand new and now has 19580km started to shake like crazy as soon as i go over 10km/h and the engine light blinks, it seems it doesn't have any power. Called the dealership and they said to take it in.Should i towe it there as they are 30km away? Very disappointed in this, as i have been telling them about it shaking and a verry rough issue, and they always brushed my concerns off saying that if the engine light is not on they cant diagnose anything. These people depend to much on technology to tell them if something's wrong with something.

Can you fix it? If not, stop complaining about it and take it in, if you don’t feel comfortable driving it, have the dealer tow it. If you don’t care for that dealership, go somewhere else. Ive never understood venting....You have choices in life, handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Justin101714 said:

Can you fix it? If not, stop complaining about it and take it in. If you don’t care for that dealership, go somewhere else. Ive never understood venting....You have choices in life, handle it.

Chill the f out. And keep your shit to yourself, i asked a question so go f yourself if you have nothing constructive to say. I never owned a truck before not everyone is a homemade mechanic.

Chill the f out. And keep your shit to yourself, i asked a question so go f yourself if you have nothing constructive to say. I never owned a truck before not everyone is a homemade mechanic.

[emoji23][emoji23], it’s okay I was prepared for this. Most people cant handle constructive criticism anyway. Common sense should tell anyone that goes through any real problems in life that they have options. Handle your issues! But, it’s easier to jump on a forum and build a team I guess. Won’t get much love, but it’s okay.

15 minutes ago, Justin101714 said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png, it’s okay I was prepared for this. Most people cant handle constructive criticism anyway. Common sense should tell anyone that goes through any real problems in life that they have options. Handle your issues! But, it’s easier to jump on a forum and build a team I guess. Won’t get much love, but it’s okay.

I asked if it would be ok to drive there or towe it. As i don't know if more damage would be done to it.  And here you come telling me to stop complaining and deal with my problem. If you don't have anything positive to add keep your shit to yourself and ignore the post its simple. Easier said than done for a troll. As for love go get some from your mom.

Just don’t get how you can be a man and not understand basic things....maybe it’s just me [emoji23]

So on a more positive note, drive it in. You won’t damage your cats that quick. I’ve seen people driving on flashing check engine lights for months with no problems and even if they go bad, you have until 80K or 8 years for the federal emissions warranty on a converter, if you live in the U.S. that is.

1 hour ago, Justin101714 said:

Can you fix it? If not, stop complaining about it and take it in, if you don’t feel comfortable driving it, have the dealer tow it. If you don’t care for that dealership, go somewhere else. Ive never understood venting....You have choices in life, handle it.

Dude, chill

Dude, chill

Don’t my posts appear quite “chill” to you. No caps and no obscenities.

Instead of people posting a question and moving on, we get the whole thing about how bad some place or someone made one feel. We don’t only get the question to work on, we get all the feelings that come with it. We’re grown, send a proper question and you’ll get a proper answer.

I thought towing is free that sounds serious , it should be towed shaking no power sounds like a locked up torque converter , call them tell them it wont go over 10 mi hr , call gm they will tow you to the nearest approved garage on there dime! road assist is standard ,

So they towed the truck yesterday morning at 8am, picked it up today at 6pm

They said that one of the cylinders was lose and a spark plug was installed wrong (how do you install a spark plug wrong i don't know) . On the paperwork however they said nothing wrong with the truck :), they did fix it. The girl at the front desk had no clue, will call the service guy tomorrow as the service center was closed when i got there.

Archived