How disable Ice Alert

1 hour ago, Ozer said:

My heated seats dont get as warm with remote start, sometimes i question if they even are on. Each remote start session is 10 mins. You will have to re-start every 10 mins if needed.

This complaint has been brought up in the past. I think the problem lies in the fact that the heat coils are buried in the seat padding. When you remote start your truck and 10 mins later open the door and touch the seat surface it still feels cold. Once your butt compresses the padding you feel the head within a minute or so. The heated seats aren't really noticeable until you are seated in them.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/8/2017 at 8:59 AM, Truck Dude said:

When will we get the fog alert or deer alert?

sign me up for the deer alert function. But it better flash on the windshield because when you look down to read the message is when the deer would jump out in front of me.

How can the Ice Alert be disabled?  I live in Wisconsin and keep my truck in a garage that stays above freezing.  So every day of the winter, on the way to work, as the temp sensor adjusts to the actual outdoor temperature, the system sends a useless and annoying ice alert that I need to dismiss.  Every day.
It's just another way of"dumbing down" America. People want everything done for them so they don't have to even think let alone physically do anything.
Some warnings are a plus for safety but many are just plan idiotic.
For instance i can appreciate the Auto headlights but it's not needed, for me anyway.
Not only do I have the ability to realize visibility is disappearing I actually watch my gauges and when I can't see them as well I turn on my lights. Most Ford drivers are baffled by a light switch so I'm sure that's why I see so many Fords after dark with no lights.
The park assist is another thing that pisses my off.. Really? Come on people it's just parking.
Anyway I digress.. It can't be disabled that I know of. It's there for people who used to drive Fords and don't know that water turns to ice at 32°f.
Oh and here's a funny one.. My factory radio sometimes gives me a warning that taking my eyes off the road can be dangerous..duh! I wouldn't have if this notification didn't pop up randomly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Ozer said:

My heated seats dont get as warm with remote start, sometimes i question if they even are on. Each remote start session is 10 mins. You will have to re-start every 10 mins if needed.

One thing i figured out is, whatever settings you leave your heat selection on when turning the truck off is what you get with remote start. So before i shut it off i do windshield mode, heat to high and fan to high. After 10 mins the inside is burning hot :)

If you repeat  Lock > remote start right after start up truck will run 20 mins before it shuts off lights will blink twice at least with 17 ltz

20 hours ago, Ozer said:

One thing i figured out is, whatever settings you leave your heat selection on when turning the truck off is what you get with remote start. So before i shut it off i do windshield mode, heat to high and fan to high. After 10 mins the inside is burning hot :)

Unfortunately the seats in these trucks don't get very hot when remote starting them. I had a 14 and they were barely and I mean barely warm when I remote started mine. As far as setting the heat controls to work when you remote start. That was one of my complaints when I got my 14 is that it did not work like my 09 did. I would have to leave things in the on position for them to work on RS. I did some digging and found that they will reprogram the 14s to work the way it should automatically. Once I got this done it worked like I was used to in my 09. There may be a TSB for that I can't remember.

few weeks back b4 I seen this thread even... I was talking to gm Oshawa (gm headquarters in Canada) and I asked about the ice warning and if there was a way to turn it off... explaining if it comes on everytime I turn on the truck when its below zero up here in north Ontario it will be on from now to may.... I know its cold outside I don't need to be reminded....the answer was no there is no way to turn it off but they agreed it was somehitng to send to product development.... those people in California never think about us fools up here in the north that freeze to death for 6 months of the year...  when I turn on the truck I get the ice warning, the cell phone blutetooth connection notice then the wifi attached notice its like a damn musical..

I was driving at night to Dallas, about a 250 mile, 3.5 hour trip, and during that trip I went below 32 degrees and back above again several times.  Sometimes it's just not that obvious when you might have icy conditions outside.  I don't mind the warning, it goes away quickly.

From the 'settings' meanu accessed after pushing the 'Home' button on the radio:

Remote Start Auto Cool Seats
If equipped and turned on, this feature will turn the ventilated seats on when using remote start on warm days.
Select Off or On.

Remote Start Auto Heat Seats
If equipped and turned on, this feature will turn the heated seats on when using remote start on cold days.
Select Off or On. 

AND ALSO:

Remote Start Auto Heated and Ventilated Seats
During a remote start, the heated or ventilated seats can be turned on automatically.

When it is cold outside, the heated seats turn on, and when it is hot outside the ventilated seats turn on.

The heated or ventilated seats are canceled when the ignition is turned on. Press the heated or ventilated seat button to use the heated or ventilated seats after the vehicle is started.

The heated or ventilated seat indicator lights do not turn on during a remote start.

The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced.

This is normal.

The heated or ventilated seats will not turn on during a remote start unless they are enabled in the vehicle personalization menu.

I was driving at night to Dallas, about a 250 mile, 3.5 hour trip, and during that trip I went below 32 degrees and back above again several times.  Sometimes it's just not that obvious when you might have icy conditions outside.  I don't mind the warning, it goes away quickly.

Perfect example of why it can be useful. Under circumstances like this example, it alerts you to black ice when the temps are just above or below freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/6/2017 at 2:34 PM, Truck Dude said:

How can the Ice Alert be disabled?  I live in Wisconsin and keep my truck in a garage that stays above freezing.  So every day of the winter, on the way to work, as the temp sensor adjusts to the actual outdoor temperature, the system sends a useless and annoying ice alert that I need to dismiss.  Every day.

You think this is bad?  My wife’s Jeep has a message that says please obey all speed limits and traffic laws.  You have to dissmiss every time you start it.  Then you also get the ice warning when it’s below 38 degrees.  

8 hours ago, Colossus said:

at least you don't have this crap to deal with like the 1980s Chryslers..

I didn't play it, but was that the one that says 'your door is a jar?

I did watch the video and though kind of cool, that guy has too much time on his hands!  My older cousin had a Beretta (if you remember those) that talked like that and a buddy in high school had a Cavalier Z24 (which I think was the same as a Beretta) that did the same thing.  That Z24 was so cool, had a crap load of lights and digital readouts, thought I was in KIT from Knightrider!  Am I starting to show my age?

Archived