Best carwash for black truck

2 bucket method.
Chemical guys Honey dew foam cannon soap
Pressure washer
Foam cannon
Electric leaf blower to dry it, keep them swirls away

It's what I do and works great.

Don't forget a good quality micro fiber towel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, grizz_wi said:

2 bucket method.

Chemical guys Honey dew foam cannon soap

Pressure washer

Foam cannon

Electric leaf blower to dry it, keep them swirls away

It's what I do and works great.

grizz_wi how long is a typical wash for you?  Start to finish? 

There is no other way to treat a black truck.  I see so many black trucks out there, and I can imagine only 1 out of 100 take care of the black surface correctly as they look horrible after only a few car washes.  When I see a properly cared for black truck they look awesome.

58 minutes ago, nowicksl said:

grizz_wi how long is a typical wash for you?  Start to finish? 

There is no other way to treat a black truck.  I see so many black trucks out there, and I can imagine only 1 out of 100 take care of the black surface correctly as they look horrible after only a few car washes.  When I see a properly cared for black truck they look awesome.

When I had my tungsten metallic truck, start to finish I would say a solid 1.5 hours. I now have a white one but treat it the same. Sadly I need to do a paint correction to remove the light swirls the dealer left from their shit washing techniques oh well

Have been using Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax for about 3 years now and have no complaints.   Even on the black All Terrain it left a smooth, deep shine.   For $10 and readily available at Wally World can't beat it.  Takes 1 ounce to make good suds in a 5 gallon bucket.  2 bucket method combined with grit guards and quality washing/drying cloths/sponges are a must for keeping swirl marks to a minimum. 

• 4 weeks later...

All of Adam's products are the bomb!  They have a great Black Friday sale going on now through Sunday as well.  20% off chemicals and towels and 15% off everything else plus free shipping with a $60 order and a free towel with a $100 order.  I'm getting ready to place a big order right now and can't wait to try out some new products.  Go to their website and watch some videos.  They are very good.  I started detailing cars in high school (20+ years ago) and have learned some good tricks by watching their videos.  Adamspolishes.com

My wash is pretty in depth but I'm also a little OCD...

I start with wheels. Nextzett for wheels with a black wool mitt, wheel woolie, and race glze brush. Tire next with Adams tire and rubber cleaner. This uses its own bucket. 

Kranzle power washer with 4.0 40* nozzle for initial rinse and then foam the truck with Adams or Optimum soap. 

I use the 2 bucket method with a TRC platinum microfiber mitt. 

Drying off I use a leaf blower and then follow with TRC pluffle towel. Drying aid is what they call Merlin's Magic Elixir and TRC Eagle Edgeless towels. Glass I use Gyeon Glass with TRC waffle towel. 

IMG_20170924_135534.jpg

Archived