Standard Bed Crew Cab Hard To Find?

nowicksl

So much depends on your circumstances. If you drive in any major city, or put your truck in a typical suburban garage, you don't want a cc with a 6.5 bed. I work in a fairly small city and store my truck outside, so the 6.5 bed doesn't hurt anything. And i have an old 72 longbed I use for hauling, so the cap makes sense as a place for the dogs and storage if we road trip.

But some people don't have dogs, some people work in major cities, some people park their truck in a small garage. So they need the shorter bed.

Also, hard as it is to believe, there are even some weirdos that like the way a 5.5 foot bed looks on the truck. Are they wrong? No. They are just different. Like transgenders, vegans, and pastafarians.

Well said ole wise one - I think the short bed looks weird as well. My son-in-law has a CC with a 5.5' bed and a tool box mounted in it. Not much room left.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK guys, OP here.   I have spent stupid amount of hours looking for this combo.  There are some out there, but you have to sift through a lot of short bed trucks when looking outside the "typical" GM website 25 mile radius.

As it is, I found some trucks that come close to matching my needs. None exactly. I now am likely to wait for the 18's or check out the next generation truck and order or keep my eye on the set of options and configurations that I want. 

One came real close, but the dealer put pin stripes on it. And it would be nice to have the 6.2.

I know the feeling, had to search for a CCSB for quite some time before I was able to find one in the combo I wanted. Spent  months looking between Rochester, NY and Detroit. Finally one popped up at a dealer 45 minutes away and I snagged it the same week, plus it was on a serious sale!

Hang in there, be patient, check the site every couple weeks or so and it will pay off. Good luck!

20 hours ago, cire0309 said:

You think a 6.2 CC standard bed 1500 is hard?

Try finding a 3500 crew cab standard bed (SRW) 6.0.

20 hours ago, sdeeter19555 said:

Need to come to my area, they are very common...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I believe you really need to broaden your search beyond your local area when looking for an "uncommon" configuration.  The 6.5' box is common in my area as well.  Dealerships will bring in the most popular sellers for their market area.

My local dealer told me that the truck I just bought didn’t exist(CC Denali standard box).

They also told me that all Denalis came with the 6.2

This was the sales manger telling me these “facts” LOL. Im so glad that I was able to find one at a dealer near my parents and make a great deal with them.

I had to order my cc 6.5'.

FWIW, 2500 Denali is not available with the 8' box, only the 6.5.

1500 Denali is available with the 5'8" or 6.5' box

2500 Denali is only available with the 6.5. 

3500 SRW is available is available with both 6.5 or 8'

All DRW's are 8'  

If trying to search on line and would like to add model codes like TK15743

First digit  T=gmc, C=chev

2nd digit    K=4wd, C=2wd

3rd and 4th   15=1500, 25=2500, 35=3500

5th digit          7=6.5'. 5= 5'8" and 9=8'

6th and 7th    43=CC, 53=double cab (or extended cab for older ones, and 03=reg cab

I had the opposite issue. Plenty of crew cabs here with the 6.5" bed. I wanted the short box but I'm glad I settled for the longer one.

I use every inch of it sometimes. I'll never get a short box ever again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Smoothbassman said:

I had the opposite issue. Plenty of crew cabs here with the 6.5" bed. I wanted the short box but I'm glad I settled for the longer one.

I use every inch of it sometimes. I'll never get a short box ever again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When did you get yours?  I'm near you and when I bought mine (Nov 2015) I couldn't find any with the 6.5' bed even at the "big" dealers like Apple and Sutliff.  LOL

I waited and eventually found a very specific combination (1500CC, 6.5 bed, green exterior, dune interior) just south of me in Frederick MD but it took a while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2017 at 9:00 AM, rjpoog1989 said:

I'm on the same search as you. Adding to the CC Std Bed, I want max trailer and NO black interior. This combo is also hard to come by with Ford, although it seems Ford is outa my price range

rjpoog1989, did you ever find "your" combo to purchase?   There were a few out there on your "side of town" but it seems that the 2017's are mostly gone now, unless you like black exterior.  I had my eye on a red one on the east coast, but didn't have all the options that I wanted.

At this point I think I will look for a 2018 in the spring, at which time the 2019 will be revealed and I can evaluate whether to buy end of the run or wait for the 2019.  There are a lot of CC standard bed 18's being produced now, which will help the search and purchase in spring if that is the choice I make. When I looked for the leftover '17's I was surprised to see several that were early builds based on the photos taken in spring 2017 - meaning these trucks sit around a lot, and may be available with huge discounts and rebates from GM if you are patient.

I found one in MD, but the dealer was not willing to give me a price I was happy with.  I wasn’t all that enthusiastic anyway because it was black exterior.  Right now I’m just being patient, there’s nothing wrong with my 14 so I don’t need to rush into anything.