Standard Bed Crew Cab Hard To Find?

nowicksl

SteveRacer,

I feel your pain. Last fall into this spring I looked for just shy of 6 months before I found mine. That being said I was rather picky... I would have been okay with a Sierra or Silverado but I wouldn't budge on the following:

- 2015 or newer but had to be used (wanted someone else to take the initial depreciation hit)

- Painted bumpers

- LTZ/SLT trim level

- 6.2L

- 4WD

- Clean carfax

- Free of any exterior blemish except little highway rock chips

- And obviously the CC with standard bed

It was a process but well worth the wait! A couple different times I almost caved on the short bed just to be done with it but I'm glad I didn't! Check daily and be patient if you're looking to go the used route. If you'd buy new, like someone else mentioned just go directly to Laura.......

If I ever buy new it will be from them because even with factoring in a 2,000 mile round trip worth of travel expenses they still beat my in state GM dealers by thousands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The night that I bought my truck I worried the whole way home that it would not fit in the garage. It is a crew cab with a standard bed. Luckily it did fit but it is very tight! Thank goodness for the parking sensors.

post-160213-0-60013300-1505879316_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

I got lucky and found a 2016 Chevy 1500 LT Z71 CC Standard Bed with everything I wanted. It was the only the one the dealer had at the time and the only one they've had since. It's a bit tight in some parking spots but as long as you back in, you're usually okay.

Your dealer can find one at another dealership and do a vehicle trade, usually.

I wanted a 17 Silverado LTZ Z71, black, CC w 6.5' bed, 6.2, heated and cooled seats. There were a handful of them within a few hundred miles and I just had to decide which other options I wanted and which I didn't, and how much i wanted to spend.

I did not want Driver Assist or Nav because they add a lot to the price and I never use them. I settled on one that has no nav, no sunroof, but has power assist steps and a soft tonneau cover. Weird, right? My dealer is willing to remove the steps and the tonneau and lower the price on the truck accordingly, which ends up bringing it in at $3600 cheaper than any of them that have a sunroof. It also keeps it under $55000 which saves me an additional 3% luxury tax, so to get one with a sunroof would have cost me almost $5500 more.

If you have a good dealership have them do a dealer search for a truck with the options that you want, chances are they can find one that is pretty close to exactly what you're looking for. The selection is getting thin this time of year but they're out there.

I ended up getting mine at 22% off of sticker and 0% financing. The only fly in the ointment is that I'm paying for driver assist rather than a sunroof but the deal I'm getting makes it easy to get over

thanks guys, I find on some dealer websites and third party sites, the length of cab and bed aren't recognized and defaults to whatever they want to sell I guess. Anyway it seems a more rare combo as I thought.

Will keep looking and appreciate the inputs and links here. I am not in a hurry, but would like to find one that meets the "typical" GM offers now for short bed or ext cab trucks at about $10k off.

Tried that Laura and couldn't find a crew cab mid box.

Just bought a new 2017 CC standard box LT and traded my 2014 double cab, great deal now on the CC trucks.

I checked all the specs going to a CC from a double std. box it's 9 1/2" longer overall, still fits in my garages too.

The extra room and rear seat comfort are much better for my family and I found one on the lot.

Keep looking if you want the std. box.

This is a sore subject for me. I wasn't aware that these were available when I bought my double cab. I told the salesman that I need the 6.5 foot bed and wished it was available with a crew cab in a 1500.. He didn't offer any insight because he had none on the lot. The dealership a couple miles away did. He could have helped me but he chose not to. :M16:

It surprises me that garages are built so short. The extended cabs with the 8' box were very popular in the 70's, 80's and 90's and were even a little longer than a cc with a standard bed.

In our area, if you have a moderate priced house built in this century, you'd be hard pressed to park two sedans in a two car garage. :rolleyes:

My garage is okay for my truck and her SUV. But if I ever build a house, the garage will have room for two full size trucks, and able to fully swing open the doors on each side!!!

• Like 1

lifetime average on my 15 3500srw cclb is 11mpg. Just did a 1200 mile highway trip with it last weekend, mix of 60-70mph and I averaged 12.3. 91/89 octane just to see if it was worth it, it wasn't. Around town I often dip below 10. My best tank ever was 15.

I drive slow and try to get the best MPG possible, and this is it. It is lifted with 35's, but even stock it was only about 1-2mpg better.

Our 16 Yukon with the 5.3 and 3.42's gets 21+ on the highway and the worst it gets around town is 15, on 89 octane. My 14 Denali 1500 w the 6.2 got about the same, on 91 octane.

Same driver and conditions, so it's as accurate of a comparison as you're going to get.

Edited by Camstyn