Weathertech Window Deflectors - scratching, fit, feedback?

I have the AVS in channels. They fit well. However, I have one minor complaint. The drivers window will sometimes cycle back down due to the reduced clearance in the channel.

Have you tried to do a window auto-up re-learn? This might fix your issue.

Is the re-learn to be done by the dealer, or is there a procedure I can perform?

Not sure if it varies by vehicle manufacturer, but this is the one I found online: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-reset-automatic-windows-by-mia-bevacqua

I haven't done it myself, but I know you can re-learn the window auto-up feature, which may help with your issue. Hopefully it helps :)

I have the AVS in channels. They fit well. However, I have one minor complaint. The drivers window will sometimes cycle back down due to the reduced clearance in the channel.

same here. slightly annoying, but not enough to make me remove the visors!

Is the re-learn to be done by the dealer, or is there a procedure I can perform?

You do it yourself:

1) Roll the window all the way up and hold the up button for 3-5 seconds.

2) Roll the window all the way down and hold the down button for 3-5 seconds.

3) Roll the window all the way up and hold the up button for 15-20 seconds. Leave the window rolled up for 24-48 hours (in the sun if possible).

This procedure should reset the window regulator sensors and you shouldn't have any trouble with the auto-up.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I pulled the trigger on the weathertech as I liked the look the best and didn't want to worry about the 3m peeling off over time or anything. Figured a few scratches on the edge of the window where you couldn't see was worth it in the end.

That said, holy shit, that install was not fun. It wasn't hard mind you, but not fun. Those rear clips SUCK. They make it look super simple in the videos but in actuality it was a pain, trying to peel back the weatherstripping on the bottom then seating that clip without it pulling the top weatherstrip out sucked.

I managed to crack one of the rears, from what I've read I'm far from the first person to do this. Figured I'd take it nice and slow and learn from others mistakes, alas I still failed. Luckily the crack wasn't super deep so I don't think it will be an issue with rain.

The fronts are a bit odd too. The way it sits down it looks like its messing the rubber around the chrome window trim up. Website wasn't super clear exactly where that lower part sits but I think I've got it right.

Lastly, the sound of the front windows cracking when I first rolled them up. I was sure I broke them. Seem fine, I rolled back down and gave a little flex to see if anything gave and all seemed fine. Hopefully it was just the sound of them fully seating.

Overall they look great, hopefully they meet my expectations.

post-160491-0-88073900-1505766062_thumb.jpg

I have the EGR ones (which are the actual GM Accessories ones) and have been VERY happy. Only minimal additional wind noise, no clips, and great support from EGR on a minor issue (tape was missing and sent some out the next day).

If you are ever worried about removing them just carefully heat the window channel with a hairdryer or heat gun on low and the tape will come right out of the channel.

i agree with you completely. I just got and installed the EGR in channel last week. They look awesome, fit extremely tight, especially the rear ones, and i like the fact there are no clips involved like the WT ones. Had those on my Dmax and they always rattled and i was always afraid one would fly out. These are great and fit like a glove.

Archived