Weathertech Window Deflectors - scratching, fit, feedback?

Hey all. As fall quickly approaches I'm looking into getting some weathertech window deflectors for the truck. As far as I can tell they seem like the best overall option.

One thing I did notice is the clips for the rear windows on the crew cab model. I'm a little worried they they will mar the glass over time. It looks like the tint will be ok from the install video I have seen but curious to know if anyone has these and has noticed chips/cracks or scratches in the glass.

Any other feedback is also appreciated although if the recommendation is to go with the stick on I will pass as I really hate the look and don't want tape on my paint.

On my other truck, the WT did not fit securely in the rear windows. Yes, even with the clips properly installed - which was a little difficult to do. They would slide down and I even had WT send me additional tape. I could not drive the truck with the rear windows down.

I have the AVS in-channel now. There's still a problem with some minor deformation in one of the rears, but it's only noticeable to me. They fit securely.

As for in-channel window visors, I am a huge fan.

I bought these EGR brand off amazon, at about half the price of WT, and they have no clips, only tape. I have absolutely no complaints and would buy them again.

https://www.amazon.com/EGR-571771-Window-Visor/dp/B00JH5O9WE

dont get the WT... my buddy got some for his ford, man.. they suck!.. i always get AVS... ... his were in channel as well.. the back were fine, and they did come with the 3m take.. the fronts did not.. they kinda just slide in.. but after a few days, his cracked. on the front.. right by the rearview mirror, .they also seemed to slide around. not like fitting securely. .......for what you pay, i didn't think they were worth it.. IMO.

I am following this because I am considering purchasing deflectors. Do they noticeably reduce water getting into the truck while at a drive-thru? So many items can be picked up in this way. (I once thought these conveniences were for the lazy but they are proving useful for those of us with mobility issues.)

I was leaning toward the WT because of the lack of 3M usage for the install. I don't like the idea of having adhesive in an area I can't get to if I decide to remove them in the future. I guess I could look at the stick on ones if I can find some that look decent. I've heard great things about the WT overall so I'm still leaning toward that.

Guess I just need to decide and try.

As for in-channel window visors, I am a huge fan.

I bought these EGR brand off amazon, at about half the price of WT, and they have no clips, only tape. I have absolutely no complaints and would buy them again.

https://www.amazon.com/EGR-571771-Window-Visor/dp/B00JH5O9WE

i have a set of these on the way. looking forward to getting them put in. Had the WT on my 03 D'Max, wasnt impressed a bit.

I have the EGR ones (which are the actual GM Accessories ones) and have been VERY happy. Only minimal additional wind noise, no clips, and great support from EGR on a minor issue (tape was missing and sent some out the next day).

If you are ever worried about removing them just carefully heat the window channel with a hairdryer or heat gun on low and the tape will come right out of the channel.

I am following this because I am considering purchasing deflectors. Do they noticeably reduce water getting into the truck while at a drive-thru? So many items can be picked up in this way. (I once thought these conveniences were for the lazy but they are proving useful for those of us with mobility issues.)

I wouldn't say they'd do much at a drive-thru, as you typically need your window fully rolled down. My dad's previous truck had these and they were useless for a drive-thru. Now if you drive with the window down slightly (just to get some air in the vehicle) or if you smoke, then I'd say it's worth it as it'll keep the water out. But they aren't designed to keep water out when the window is fully down.

I've had the WT in-channels vent visors since I got my truck in 2010, so they've been on a little over 7 years. This is what the edge of my driver's window looks like. The scratches are about 3/16" at the most (the other windows have little, if any, scratching since they're not rolled up/down nearly as much as the driver's window. As for removing them and the tape staying in the channel, I've pulled mine off several times to clean them and the tape has never stayed stuck inside the channel. When I put them back in, I use Scotch brand double sided tape (office type tape).

2emz8l4.jpg

Archived