One mod unexpectedly leads to another and another and another....

I started out just doing the console swap and figured that would be it. Mine came with the Synthesis trim but my doors had black trim so I was going to change those to Synthesis until I found those 2 little pieces cost over $100.00. I decided to just vinyl wrap the ones on the console in textured black to match the doors however I didn't like how that looked so $114.00 later I have the Synthesis door trim coming and I'm thinking about replacing the radio bezel as well which would probably lead to more Synthesis changes on the dash.

I like how the gray cloth seats contrast the dash/console as well as match the headliner/a pillars but every time I opened the door the gray lower seat trim just "jumped out" at me so I changed those along with the levers to black which was a PITA to say the least. Now the gray seatbelts look out of place to me so Im thinking about changing those to black as well. Then my mind is saying I may as well just change the seat upholstery to black but if I do that I may also have to change the door panels as I don't think the gray insert on those will go well with all black!?!

Anybody else done a mod that unexpectedly led to another and another? Also, any oponions on how you think the black seatbelts will look with the gray seats?

post-164287-0-89421400-1503371898_thumb.jpg

post-164287-0-20498400-1503371932_thumb.png

That's what happened to me with my Trailblazer. I started to mod things and add stuff that my trim level didn't have, replacing stuff that really didn't need replacing for the looks.. :lol:

Then, when I decided to purchase this truck, I looked at all the 'features' I wanted and didn't want to have to 'mod' later to get it... ended up with an LTZ trim.. :driving:

It was cheaper to add them on during the purchase than to try to mod/purchase them later. But, everyone's financial situation is different and wants at the time of purchase are. But yes, it can get addicting.. :tear:

Black seat belts with the grey seat might not look bad, as it looks like it would match the lower seat trim you already changed to black.

this forum sucks !!!!.. j/k.... my list of mods is growing because of every one of you smart mofo's... always thinking of new things and new ways of doing things... i really enjoy coming on here and seeing what people are doing... thatch what forums are for... sharing ideas and helping people...

so hats off to this one.. !!!

just did the light bar behind the grill.. once i get that wired.. on to the led's under the doors!... yeah!

Like everyone else here, my list of mods started off small and cheap and has progressively grown longer and more expensive. You just have to pace yourself, especially with school starting again and I have one in his last year at Texas A&M... WHOOP!! :thumbs:

If you supercharge it, that will take your mind off the grey. Just saying

LOL! According to our agreement if I buy a supercharger my wife will get to buy $5k + worth of shoes/purses etc and I won't be able to say anything about it!

I had just a few specific mods in mind before I even got the truck but that changed quickly after I found this forum! I doubt I would have ever considered replacing the jump seat if it wasn't for the console swap thread here where I read that it would fit in a regular cab and that <$50.00 mod thread has led to several little useful upgrades however most of what I have done is purely for looks to be a little different.

LOL! According to our agreement if I buy a supercharger my wife will get to buy $5k + worth of shoes/purses etc and I won't be able to say anything about it!

I had just a few specific mods in mind before I even got the truck but that changed quickly after I found this forum! I doubt I would have ever considered replacing the jump seat if it wasn't for the console swap thread here where I read that it would fit in a regular cab and that <$50.00 mod thread has led to several little useful upgrades however most of what I have done is purely for looks to be a little different.

5k is worth the weeks worth of silence

5k is worth the weeks worth of silence

Let's be real it won't last more than a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL! If I could be guaranteed weeks of silence I would do it :D however I''m thinking Bushleaguechew knows the real deal!

I wanted a lift with a good suspension and some good tires so I could use it for my fishing trips. Of course, I had to have some cool rims, and once the lift was done, I needed a tune. Then I couldn't have a big truck that sounded like a Prius (that's what I said in my head), so I had to have an exhaust (stupid, I know). Of course, I didn't go with the practical inexpensive alternatives - I went with a Corsa cat back. The exhaust needed some protection at the tips, so then it was some mud flaps for the rear. The lift also required that I get steps because my wife and kids couldn't get in my truck. I've had three sets of steps on my truck now. My big tires and lifted truck are beating the sheet out of my paint, so I need mud flaps and/or flares. Now over 80k miles, a modified truck that I love, but probably isn't worth much. I'm not putting more money into. Repeat after me...

The worst part: I'm starting to want a new truck! And, I'm starting to question my sanity with the mods I've done. Sure, I can justify everything I've done, but if I look at it objectively and from a practical perspective, none of it makes sense. But heck, it's been fun!

Oh, and did I say I'm not putting more money into it? I just got a quote for a Leer top and I'm pricing a new set of tires - the madness continues.....

Yeah it just never seems to stop especially once you start seeing all the slick stuff others on this forum have done and it happened again yesterday when I came across the thread below showing a chrome latch upgrade for the console so now I'm going to swap that since it will match the inside door handles as well as trim on the console better!

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/184299-2015-sierra-floor-console-latch-replacement/

post-151290-0-43091800-1457140727_thumb.

post-151290-0-93314900-1457140724_thumb.

Archived