LED Foglight locations??

I want them as replacements for my factory fogs and additional lighting. Me and the family go camping sometimes and the roads out there are dark at night, no lights, surrounded by trees kind of dark. I had a 52", 24" and four 4", 2 in place of the factory fogs and 2 in the rear bumper hooked up to the reverse lights, LED lights on my Tahoe before I got this truck and it would light up the world, I loved it. My wife doesn't want me to put one on the roof again so I have to put them in other places, preferably hidden. What size do you have behind the grill?

rough country has a nice set up on their website. Not saying it's the best but I have the 30" behind grille light bar kit from them! It definitely gets the job done!

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rough country has a nice set up on their website. Not saying it's the best but I have the 30" behind grille light bar kit from them! It definitely gets the job done!

I've seen that one. I do like how it makes it easy to install behind the grille.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've seen that one. I do like how it makes it easy to install behind the grille.

very easy, just nerve racking taking that upper bumper plastic piece off.

very easy, just nerve racking taking that upper bumper plastic piece off.

Yeah that's what has me kind of hesitant but I've also seen where some take it off with the grill as one piece.

I want them as replacements for my factory fogs and additional lighting. Me and the family go camping sometimes and the roads out there are dark at night, no lights, surrounded by trees kind of dark. I had a 52", 24" and four 4", 2 in place of the factory fogs and 2 in the rear bumper hooked up to the reverse lights, LED lights on my Tahoe before I got this truck and it would light up the world, I loved it. My wife doesn't want me to put one on the roof again so I have to put them in other places, preferably hidden. What size do you have behind the grill?

Ah, ok. I have four of the D-Series LED pods behind my grill. I have pictures in my build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/200305-silveradosavers-build/

I decided to do this instead of the light bar. It's different, I like the look, and they work great.

I see you have the same grill as me too. The pods line up very well to the holes in the grill, so you don't lose much light!

Ah, ok. I have four of the D-Series LED pods behind my grill. I have pictures in my build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/200305-silveradosavers-build/

I decided to do this instead of the light bar. It's different, I like the look, and they work great.

I see you have the same grill as me too. The pods line up very well to the holes in the grill, so you don't lose much light!

Yeah, after my post I went and checked out your build thread. LOL Nice truck btw!

Yeah, after my post I went and checked out your build thread. LOL Nice truck btw!

Thanks! You as well!

If you want any more details about how the lights are mounted let me know. I can take some clearer pictures as you can't see the mounting in the pictures on my build thread (which is the point, lol).

Thanks! You as well!

If you want any more details about how the lights are mounted let me know. I can take some clearer pictures as you can't see the mounting in the pictures on my build thread (which is the point, lol).

Thanks

I also came across this pic while surfing. Something like this would be nice also. And yeah, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see how you mounted yours.

OOPS! Forgot the image... LOL

post-167112-0-12303100-1502483432_thumb.jpg

Thanks

I also came across this pic while surfing. Something like this would be nice also. And yeah, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see how you mounted yours.

Here ya go! It's one piece of metal painted black that connects to the angled support bracket behind the grill (not sure what else you'd call it, sorry). It runs the whole length of the grill and the LED pods are mounted to that. Even will all the bugs/chips I now see in the bracket you can't see it unless you go right up and look for it.

post-147305-0-37150300-1502483162_thumb.jpg

post-147305-0-75118200-1502483166_thumb.jpg

Here ya go! It's one piece of metal painted black that connects to the angled support bracket behind the grill (not sure what else you'd call it, sorry). It runs the whole length of the grill and the LED pods are mounted to that. Even will all the bugs/chips I now see in the bracket you can't see it unless you go right up and look for it.

Nice. Looks simple enough. Do they bounce or move around at all or is it pretty sturdy?

Nice. Looks simple enough. Do they bounce or move around at all or is it pretty sturdy?

No, not at all. Not sure how thick the metal bracket is but it's not flimsy. I think if you were to use something the thickness of tin foil it would for sure bounce around.

No, not at all. Not sure how thick the metal bracket is but it's not flimsy. I think if you were to use something the thickness of tin foil it would for sure bounce around.

Cool. Appreciate the info and pics. I'll have to keep this in mind and put it on my list of future mods. Just have to decide on a single light bar or maybe a few smaller pods.

• 2 months later...

Archived