Paint running boards? Or no?

Paint my running boards?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Easy to paint 'em any color you want, but passengers should be cautioned to step only on the rubber treadles, or take off their boots before boarding.

Had a 97 Indigo Blue Tahoe with nerf bars that were color matched. Over 9+ years of ownership they aged quite well. Did tell the guy who did them plus bumpers, grille, mirrors and handles to not cheap out on material.

They would look good black for sure, you can always look into spray-on bedliner as well, very durable and has a good texture so it's not slippery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I painting my chrome running board on my F150 with herculiner. Looked good for a few months but Chicago winter took its toll on them. Chrome is really hard to prep for paint.

Here's the how to I wrote.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/how-herculine-chrome-running-boards-122035/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would Line-X them. They will be indestructible and have excellent grip. The Plastidip looks good right now, and I am a firm believer in the product, but I think very quickly it will get pitted very badly and peel off.

Archived