Getting new wheels...foggy on offset

Not to kick a dead horse but just looking for some clarification before I pull the trigger and decide for good. Im gonna get a 20x9 rim with either a 0 or +1 offset. Depends on the rim I decide. What i need to figure out before purchase is tire size. I'm not dead set on a 33 even though it would be nice and I've seen so many with 33s on 2.5 levels I'm sure I can swing them. I think i have narrowed them down to a ridge grappler 295/55/20 (32.8x12.2) or a Terra grappler g2 285/55/20 (32.4x11.7) , 275/60/20 (33x10.8). Thoughts?

I Just don't want to get them on and have an oh sh#t momement

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

20X9 +18 with 33x12.5 sticks out about .250", +10 is about .500", and 0 is about 1". These are all dimensions taken using a leveled truck with the Toyo RTs.

Not to kick a dead horse but just looking for some clarification before I pull the trigger and decide for good. Im gonna get a 20x9 rim with either a 0 or +1 offset. Depends on the rim I decide. What i need to figure out before purchase is tire size. I'm not dead set on a 33 even though it would be nice and I've seen so many with 33s on 2.5 levels I'm sure I can swing them. I think i have narrowed them down to a ridge grappler 295/55/20 (32.8x12.2) or a Terra grappler g2 285/55/20 (32.4x11.7) , 275/60/20 (33x10.8). Thoughts?

I Just don't want to get them on and have an oh sh#t momement

Toyo RT or ridge grapplers. I personally would stay away from the Terras. We had 3 sets and the most we got out of them was 28K with weekly air checks and rotation every 5K. Now we run the Toyos RTs and MTs and love them. Ridge grapplers have a ton of good reviews and one of my contractors runs them on all 3 of his trucks with 0 complaints.

20X9 +18 with 33x12.5 sticks out about .250", +10 is about .500", and 0 is about 1". These are all dimensions taken using a leveled truck with the Toyo RTs.

Damn you Sprayed. Lol. Not that I was set on the terras but the Toyo rt's are backordered so the ridge seems so far my only other choice. I get the offset or less offset the tires will come out further I'm more worried about a certain tire size having problems ..such as rubbing or needing more like heavy trimming. I don't mind trimming the felt liner or zip tying them back. I don't have the front spoiler anymore so that's not a problem. I just would like to know if a 32.5-33 tire with 11-12.5 width will fit. I've used the calcs and that tell how the tire sits but not how inside a Chevy wheelwell

Damn you Sprayed. Lol. Not that I was set on the terras but the Toyo rt's are backordered so the ridge seems so far my only other choice. I get the offset or less offset the tires will come out further I'm more worried about a certain tire size having problems ..such as rubbing or needing more like heavy trimming. I don't mind trimming the felt liner or zip tying them back. I don't have the front spoiler anymore so that's not a problem. I just would like to know if a 32.5-33 tire with 11-12.5 width will fit. I've used the calcs and that tell how the tire sits but not how inside a Chevy wheelwell

11-12.50 will fit no problem, I even seen guys that want to keep their factory black rims using 305/55r20s, I'm pretty confident that's 33.2/ 12 BUT THEY DO GET RUBBING ON THE CONTROL ARM.

one thing to keep in mind is the wider the tire the more it slips in rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run a 20x9 +18 with a 8mm spacer (they didn't make the wheel in a +10). Tires are 33x12.5 Toyo rts. No rubbing on anything and it clears the steel control arms. I didn't want the 0 offset as I try to keep the flat treaded area of the tire under the fenders. I tow a 18' roll back with our 32 Ford on it and didn't need to chance tossing crap up on the streetrod.

*Edit I have a 2.25" front lift using the second notch on the bilestein strut and a 1.5" lower spacer. It came out exactly at 2.25" after the suspension settled.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived