Getting new wheels...foggy on offset

OK so I'm looking to get some new wheels but I am still foggy on offset and which way pushes the tire in or out. I'm looking at the dick cepek matrix wheels. The size is 20x9 offset 0. As far as I can tell is as the offset number goes down ...20, 15, 10, ect...the wheel pushes out..correct? So if I have stock 18 inch wheel that's 8.5 wide..will this new 20x9 push out more or be the same since the rim is wider? I have a 3 inch level as well so curious what tire size as well fits in a 2.5 level so I don't have to cut metal and at the most just rub a bit.

This is the truck and the rim fc34f5f22c2539a02774669287cf0f45.jpg9018ef75486e556ea732c64518aefca5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quoted from TireRack.com:

Zero Offset

The hub mounting surface is even with the centerline of the wheel.

Positive

The hub mounting surface is located in the front half of the wheel closer to the wheel face. This tucks the entire wheel in toward the brakes and vehicle suspension. Positive offset wheels are generally found on front-wheel drive cars and newer rear-wheel drive cars.

Negative

The hub mounting surface is located in the back half of the wheel closer to the back lip flange. This moves the wheel out away from the vehicle brakes and suspension. "Deep dish" wheels and wheels for lifted trucks are typically a negative offset.

If the offset of the wheel is not correct for the car, the handling can be adversely affected. Often, when changing the width of the wheel, the offset will also need to change to maintain proper clearances inside the wheel well. If the offset were to stay the same while you added width, the additional width would be split evenly between the inside and outside. For most cars, this won't work correctly. We test fit thousands of different vehicle and wheel size combinations to confirm which ones work correctly. Our extensive database allows our sales staff to offer you the perfect fit for your vehicle.

*Backspacing, similar to offset, is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel (measured in inches).

OK so after checking that site this is what I found. I added in a generic tire size I'm thinking of that may work. The calc says it will stick out 1.5 inches more than current. From what I gather that shouldn't be to bad as the stocks are stuffed under the fender. I do want a bit of the tire to be exposed so it doesn't look narrow like it does now

On the customoffsets site there's a guy with these and the same offset just in a 08 1500. If the stick out like this I'll be happy

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/252068/2008-chevrolet-silverado-1500-dick-cepek-matrix-pro-comp-suspension-lift-6in83d08574294b611134ea30a8da4f52cd.jpg

0 offset should be pretty flush and not stick out. if you ran a 33x12.5 tire it would probably stick out a smidge.

negative offset pushes the wheel out farther. the stock offset is like +30 or something so it sits inside the wheel well.

you could fit a 33" tire with that level kit/wheel offset and not rub

I'm sure the flush would look good. I'm kinda wanting a bit of tire out. Not crazy like 3 inches out but maybe and inch out. Also was looking at the toyo OC rt but seems they ate 4&8 wks backordered. What do you guys think as well about that matrix rim in black on a tungsten truck. I think I like them but there are solo many wheels my head is spinning. Wondering if a 20x 10 would fit in a 3 in level as well. Not sure if 10 is to wide and would require metal cutting which I def don't want to hack the truck up

the problem with 20x10 wheels is they don't make many offsets for them. its pretty either 0 offset or -24. I got my fuel maverick 20x10's at a -12 offset and I love how they fit. but the fuel mavs were the only 20x10 wheel I could find with that offset.

doing a norcal mod takes 30mins per side and you cant tell its been done unless you pull the plastic trim and fender liner to look. I did it on my truck and was surprised how well its hidden and how easy it was to gain another inch of space

A 20x9 with a +12 or +18 offset should work fine with a 295 tire. These tuck in more and keep rocks/stones from chipping paint off side of truck.

I've got 20x9's and they don't stick out. I was told that was as close to stock as possible with aftermarket wheels. I didn't want them to stick out too much just sit flush with the sides.

I'm just going to bring this up because it's a ordeal I'm currently dealing with is don't get matte black rims. They suck to clean, they don't stay clean. I've tried everything to make them gloss but nothing works and just shows scratches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just going to bring this up because it's a ordeal I'm currently dealing with is don't get matte black rims. They suck to clean, they don't stay clean. I've tried everything to make them gloss but nothing works and just shows scratches.

Lol I still can't decide ...like I said earlier there are so many wheels and tires to choose from I'm going nuts. I have actually changed my mind off the DC to the fuel coupler. Looks like it a shiney black. Having a tungsten truck makes wheel purchasing a pain due to black doesn't go with brown or it doesn't look right ..ughh. So at least for now I'm thinking of the couplers. Who knows that may change as I keep looking to see if there is something better looking/cheaper or catches my eye. same with tires. I was kinda set on toyo OC rt but being backordered am looking at the nitro ridge grapplers. I've never owned a truck before and this is my first time getting luggy aggressive tires...I like how the truck rides now but curious on how rough it would be with more aggressive tires and the tires being 20 pound heavier than stock.

Lol I still can't decide ...like I said earlier there are so many wheels and tires to choose from I'm going nuts. I have actually changed my mind off the DC to the fuel coupler. Looks like it a shiney black. Having a tungsten truck makes wheel purchasing a pain due to black doesn't go with brown or it doesn't look right ..ughh. So at least for now I'm thinking of the couplers. Who knows that may change as I keep looking to see if there is something better looking/cheaper or catches my eye. same with tires. I was kinda set on toyo OC rt but being backordered am looking at the nitro ridge grapplers. I've never owned a truck before and this is my first time getting luggy aggressive tires...I like how the truck rides now but curious on how rough it would be with more aggressive tires and the tires being 20 pound heavier than stock.

Go for what on sale at a local place, I paid under $2000 Canadian for 33s and 20 inch rims.

The best tires I ever had are good year duratracs

Looks good, no sound, and great on snow. But I was not ok with paying $$$ for a 33

Go for what on sale at a local place, I paid under $2000 Canadian for 33s and 20 inch rims.

The best tires I ever had are good year duratracs

Looks good, no sound, and great on snow. But I was not ok with paying $$$ for a 33

My thing is I'm keeping my stockers and will change them out every beginning of winter. I've had rims on previous cars and I'm sure you know being up north (me: Massachusetts) the snow and salt is a killer on aftermarket wheels. So my tires don't NEED to have snow capabilities which got me thinking on the Terra grappler g2. I don't off road. I'm more street, back dirt roads to ppl houses and carrying stuff in the bed. I want the aggressive look without a dumptruck ride. Like I said ...I'm all over the place lol

My thing is I'm keeping my stockers and will change them out every beginning of winter. I've had rims on previous cars and I'm sure you know being up north (me: Massachusetts) the snow and salt is a killer on aftermarket wheels. So my tires don't NEED to have snow capabilities which got me thinking on the Terra grappler g2. I don't off road. I'm more street, back dirt roads to ppl houses and carrying stuff in the bed. I want the aggressive look without a dumptruck ride. Like I said ...I'm all over the place lol

True true, I have dune grapplers on my hummer and they are great. Tires have so many options and so little difference.

I've heard good things about the cooper discovery at3s maybe look into those if you don't hate the look

f7eb80628746d3e62b18bc952157926a.pngd445d14e8037d33296e0591a34184b7b.pngc6376e5b68279a4495d338fc140f0129.png

Archived