Offroad Flag pole??

Whats up guys! I'm gonna be taking my truck on its first sand dune trip in the next couple weeks and was looking to get a flagpole. I have seen plenty of mounts that hook right up trailer hitch but they look flimsy. Just wondering what you guys are running??

Whats up guys! I'm gonna be taking my truck on its first sand dune trip in the next couple weeks and was looking to get a flagpole. I have seen plenty of mounts that hook right up trailer hitch but they look flimsy. Just wondering what you guys are running??

For an American flag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I built one with 2x2 tubing for recover hitch and welded a 1x1 inch square tube for upright and hung flag on it. Not flimsy at all. Have a 5x4 flag on it I think

Would you happen to have a picture?

• 3 years later...

One of the most important things, besides the mount, is to have a sturdy flagpole.  The last thing you want to happen is for the flag pole to break off and become a flying object on a highway.  It’s important that you stay safe and keep other drivers safe.  Be sure to select a pole and grommets that are solid and will not fail.  Get an extremely rigid pole made of metal that will not bend or break off.  Try to refrain from taking the vehicle on highways at a fast rate of speed when the flag is mounted.  Most flags and flag poles aren’t made to withstand winds from driving at fast speeds.

Edited by Valentina
Spelling mistakes

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 12:45 PM, tyler.frost92 said:

For a dune flag? ee7bb76b0c4b11ae43a04e60480a75cc.jpg

A piece of flat stock maybe 8-10 inches long. 2 Holes on one end to pass a small u bolt through and around the tow hook. Half inch hole on other end for the dune flag.

That looks like your flag pole would chip/damage your grill.  Besides, you have stake holes on the bed for that.

That looks like your flag pole would chip/damage your grill.  Besides, you have stake holes on the bed for that.

Lol the dune flag has to be in the front for safety at the park I go to. Plus the mount offsets it far enough forward that it won’t hit the grille, if you look closely you’ll see the bottom half of my flag is wrapped in a 2 dollar piece of foam in case it does bend back far enough to make contact

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2020 at 3:45 PM, tyler.frost92 said:

For a dune flag? ee7bb76b0c4b11ae43a04e60480a75cc.jpg

A piece of flat stock maybe 8-10 inches long. 2 Holes on one end to pass a small u bolt through and around the tow hook. Half inch hole on other end for the dune flag.

Do you have a better picture of this mounted to the tow hook?