Pics of 1500s with tow mirrors

Krusty, this is off the subject, but I like the way you modified your car trailer to carry loads.

I'm in the process of upgrading my 16' footer and have been seesawing on a trailer with sides or a car trailer. I really want it to be a multi use trailer, since I use it around the farm and haul 4 wheelers frequently.

Is that a 2x12, (redwood, for lighter weight) that creates the sides and gate?

Also, how exactly are the 2x4s anchored in the stakeholders and on the inside of the fenders?

Krusty, this is off the subject, but I like the way you modified your car trailer to carry loads.

I'm in the process of upgrading my 16' footer and have been seesawing on a trailer with sides or a car trailer. I really want it to be a multi use trailer, since I use it around the farm and haul 4 wheelers frequently.

Is that a 2x12, (redwood, for lighter weight) that creates the sides and gate?

Also, how exactly are the 2x4s anchored in the stakeholders and on the inside of the fenders?

Same idea - a car trailer than can be used for utility. Bought it last summer - yet to haul a car - but it has made work for me hauling brush, garbage, top soil, gravel etc.

It is 14 foot PJ Trailer....... http://www.pjtrailers.com/

Sides I made with pressure treated which around here is Hemlock or Fir. There are no stake pockets inside the fenders - I just attached the 7' long sides together in the middle.

The sides just slip in to the pockets - heavy enough and snug enough to stay in place on smooth local roads. If I go out on the highway at all - I strap everything down to the trailer frame. I added a ton of D-rings.

post-168136-0-19847200-1493940793_thumb.jpg

I'm kind of on the fence about it. Id like to see some too. I just wish it didn't look like Andrew Siciliano.....huge ears on a small person...I think it looks awkward. Unless you have a lift and tires that offset the width of the mirrors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking Alfred E. Newman.

love mine. wrapped the trim in gloss black

sb6fpe.jpg

Which mirrors are these? Are they plug and play? What did u so to wrap them? I have 17 all terrain and will be towing a travel trailer cross county this summer so need to do this. Can u provide a link. Did u need to get a harness from prambro(going of memory on name so might be off here)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Which mirrors are these? Are they plug and play? What did u so to wrap them? I have 17 all terrain and will be towing a travel trailer cross county this summer so need to do this. Can u provide a link. Did u need to get a harness from prambro(going of memory on name so might be off here)

prambo has nice ring to it. LOL.

The mirrors are from 1A Auto. Another member purchased these and sent them to me for testing. I made a custom harness for it to make them Plug and Play. These are power Folding, fully feature mirrors that also has Puddle lamps. The mirror connector had butt splices, so I cleaned it up and made it a Plug and Play solution.

Before:

d06796a24553a267cb620ca50a9be40c.jpg

After:

cc1a1d843cc376ee9a7f27b8fe5d6884.jpg

e05e5e0eb94946f9928204a8ed5080c6.jpg

Would these be plug and play with no mods needed on a 17 SLT with memory option?

Would these be plug and play with no mods needed on a 17 SLT with memory option?

This mirror would not be PnP due to how they pinned the circuits. Pin # 1 which is generally for Park Lamps was not pinned and was left to hardwire. The way it is, upgrading your SLT to these with the stock harness would have the Puddle work as normal but no park lamps.

I ended up landing the unpinned park lamp circuit to an inside slot on the connector and pinning the other end appropriately.

wow. lots of questions lol.

ebay replicas (work so well too. no rattles and seem really well built) got them for $200. wrapped with gloss black 3m vinyl wrap. Wrapping the corners of these kind of sucked but theyre an easy job for the most part.

No harness. I had DL8 mirrors prior so only heat/power adjust work. Lights such as turn signal and spotlight do not at the moment. Will need to fly my boy

pgamboa

up for a visit to NJ for harness work lol

hope this hels

I really need to do this mod. Why they thought mirrors smaller than my wife's civic's would be a good idea on a truck I have no idea. Even the damn rear view mirror is too small imo.

Archived