Spacer to fix suspension lean?

Hey guys,

I have 2 main questions I am looking to get answered on my 2003 Chevy Avalanche.

Before I put my 2.5" lift blocks in the rear, my rear end wasn't level. For the life of the truck it had a lean. I figured lift blocks would help it, or maybe fix it.

Subject Vehicle Lean.......Left Front/Rear Side Low or Right Rear Sits High (Add Spacer Between Left Rear Spring Pack and Axle) #06-03-06-005A - (01/12/2007)

Models: 1999 to 2007 ChevroletSilverado (Classic) 1500 (½ Ton) series

Models: 1999 to 2007 GMC Sierra (Classic) 1500 (½ Ton) Series

After installing the lift kit, it did not fix it, and I still have about a .75-1" sag on my drivers side rear compared to the passenger.

*Here are my questions.

1. Would I be safe with putting a half inch spacer between the lift block and the rear axle? If so, where's the best place to buy one (material doesn't matter).

2. I would rather not buy a bigger lift block, and I would rather not bring my truck to a shop again to put in on a vehicle lift. If I were to jack up the frame, is it possible to slip in that half inch spacer? I understand I would have to disconnect a few things, I'm just curious if I can install this spacer with a regular car jack.

Thank you all, and if you have any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, you're experiencing the dreaded "Chevy lean." Many GM trucks and SUV's have that same problem. Some are worse than others. That being said, you should be able to pull your 2.5" block on the low side and replace it with a 3" block, or pull the 2.5" block on the high side and replace it with a 2" block. That would be the best way to fix your problem, and I don't really see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Archived