2015 Sierra dent in top of door panel?

Okay, this one is kind of dumb, but it does bug me a bit.

My Sierra has a dent/dimple in the top of the door panel right where my elbow rests when I'm driving. Elbow on the top of the door panel, hand on the wheel.

Drove my 04 Suburban for 250k+ the same way and no dent. Have driven every car I've ever owned this way and no dent.

I'm not the only one, either. I'm a dealership vendor and one local GMC/Chevy dealer is one of my clients, and I've seen 2 other Silverado/Sierras with the exact same dent.

It's under warranty...only 16k, but I'm not sure I want to replace it just to have it do the same thing.

The dealership has no problem doing it....just would love for it to not happen again.

So I was wondering if anyone else has one of these dents?

Same dent on my last 3 Chevy's. I guess it is our way of putting our personal stamp (dent) in the truck. I never have bothered having the panel replaced because I think it would just happen again and again.

It is a depression, not a dent, and it is there because of cheap thin ass foam under the cheap ass vinyl. Didn't have one until the 23 hr drive to Florida last year. If you don't want one, then don't rest your elbow up there otherwise it will happen again. Personally, I find it uncomfortable if I don't rest my elbow there.

It is a depression, not a dent, and it is there because of cheap thin ass foam under the cheap ass vinyl. Didn't have one until the 23 hr drive to Florida last year. If you don't want one, then don't rest your elbow up there otherwise it will happen again. Personally, I find it uncomfortable if I don't rest my elbow there.

I agree, it is more comfortable, so I live with the dent/depression.

I agree, it is more comfortable, so I live with the dent/depression.

That's kind of my point. People have been driving like that for 50 years or more and not leaving dents in their door panels.

That's kind of my point. People have been driving like that for 50 years or more and not leaving dents in their door panels.

Yea, but I will take the dented foam over a steel panel or rock hard plastic like vehicles that I have had in the past.

I saw in a video from a GM engineer that they designed it that way purposely to be more comfortable. The dent annoys me as well so I kneaded it out as best I could and have consciously put my elbow on the lower part of the door for the past month and the dent took regular shape and is gone now.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Yea, but I will take the dented foam over a steel panel or rock hard plastic like vehicles that I have had in the past.

My 99 Tahoe and 04 Suburban are perfectly comfortable and nary a dent.

The foam isn't even helping you be more comfortable if it's permanently compressed, anyway. Where my elbow sits on the door panel is now HARDER than either of my other vehicles.

My 99 Tahoe and 04 Suburban are perfectly comfortable and nary a dent.

The foam isn't even helping you be more comfortable if it's permanently compressed, anyway. Where my elbow sits on the door panel is now HARDER than either of my other vehicles.

So, time to sell truck?

Might be a sign of an issue if your elbow is that pointy? (inflamed oelecranon bursa) might want to get that checked?

elbowbursitis_300-300x300.jpg

So, time to sell truck?

And get what?

You can't sell a 2015 and not lose a bunch of money. An issue like this is far from "sell the truck" in scope.

And get what?

You can't sell a 2015 and not lose a bunch of money. An issue like this is far from "sell the truck" in scope.

That was my point, get it fixed or live with it. I choose to live with my "dent". It fits my elbow perfectly.

Archived