Best aftermarket tail lights?

I recently busted a tail light on my truck. Now I am in the market for some aftermarket tail lights. Does anyone have some good recommendations for some? I do not know if I want them to be smoked or not... still undecided. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am about to order the smoked tail lights for GMC 2014/2015 so I will give you an update, will probably install them within a couple weeks from now. I have the Recon head lights and love them, the tails look great from pics Ive seen. They have a few options, im going with the smoked. Ill prob do an install vid too since I have not really seen any online for that year.

Cheers

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Spyder makes a great looking tail light for the Silverados:

33937310050_2dca08edfa_o.jpg

Far from looking cheap and shitty.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion, but Spyder makes a great looking tail light for the Silverados:

33937310050_2dca08edfa_o.jpg

Far from looking cheap and shitty.

x2 I really like the look of Recon and Spyder. I am not a big fan of the OEM GMC lights. There are a few companies that will take them apart paint them but Ive read on a couple forums once that seal is broken it can be a pain leak wise. I love my recon headlights and will be putting the tail lights on in a couple weeks.

OEM 2016 LED tail lights are the best option IMO

But the OP has a 2014 so the lights are not plug-and-play. You have to do some pretty intensive wiring to make the 2016 LED ones work with a 2014/2015 or you need to buy extra harnesses here:

http://www.gen5diy.com/Chevrolet/Silverado/P-P-Harness13/LED-Taillight-Harness/LED-Taillight-Harness9/ /

i got the recon lights - i really like them. if you can wait they do go on sale (usually around holidays)

IMG_5900_zpsddencdjb.jpg

IMG_5823_zpsi5pp2urj.jpg

btw, 3rd tail is only like $100 and takes maybe 3 minutes to install complete plug n play only 2 screws need a size 20 torx

btw, 3rd tail is only like $100 and takes maybe 3 minutes to install complete plug n play only 2 screws need a size 20 torx

i know - a new third brake light is on my list... BUT i'm waiting for recon to come out with the gm version of this....

recon_zpsmlzaog4u.jpg

https://www.gorecon.com/product/816/264116BKHP-SMOKED-Ford-Superduty-99-16-LED-3rd-Brake-Light

i did contact recon last year and they had hoped to have a gmc/chevy light like above ready for late 2016/early 2017... obviously they've had some delays.... like putting out another version for ford trucks..... grrrrr

i know - a new third brake light is on my list... BUT i'm waiting for recon to come out with the gm version of this....

recon_zpsmlzaog4u.jpg

https://www.gorecon.com/product/816/264116BKHP-SMOKED-Ford-Superduty-99-16-LED-3rd-Brake-Light

i did contact recon last year and they had hoped to have a gmc/chevy light like above ready for late 2016/early 2017... obviously they've had some delays.... like putting out another version for ford trucks..... grrrrr

I just asked about this light last week and they said they would contact me in about 6 weeks when they are available.

Archived