Crew Cab Tint Percentage

Depending on the film ceramic, 3M Color Stable or metallized the heat reduction is noticable. On my old 2014 black All Terrain I bit the bullet and had Color Stable put on all around save the windshield. Even on the hottest days here in deep South Texas you could place your hand on glass and it would just be slightly warm. With the new 2015 White Diamond All Terrain cheaped out on film and the glass gets noticeably hotter.

I have a question. Why do you tint? Does it keep the inside cooler or is it for looks only?

It gets hot in Florida tint helps a ton. I work nights so I hide from daylight so the tint also helps my Vampire ways when I'm unfortunately out and about during the day. Even some rental cars are tinted here.

Sent from my Find7 using Tapatalk

I just peeled 5% off the doors after driving at night it was to dark to see people and cars. i have decided 15 is the darkest i want to go on the doors and no tint on the very back because it caused and odd reflection and the defroster can be damaged years down the road when removing tint from it. I currently need a peel and restick on one of my cars back glass and all the tint installers said i can get it off the defroster but i wont guarantee all the wires will still function.

Edited by cino72

had my 17 denali done with 15% on the fronts, IMO is a perfect match.

Particularly on this black truck with black interior, it helps with the heat a TON. Side benefits are it looks much better and I don't mind the additional obscurity of what may or may not be inside the front of the cab.

MXZEATR, your truck looks great with that tint. Travel a lot to the south but here in PA tint beyond factory is illegal and that's passable for stock.

Quick off topic question; who fender trim/flares are those? They look like GMC OEM's and I love that look.

TIA, Dave

I have a question. Why do you tint? Does it keep the inside cooler or is it for looks only?

I do it for both. I like the look and feel of a little bit more privacy. It keeps the insides a little bit cooler and when after having tint(front) in all my vehicles, I drove my daughters car once and the sun was out and I was baking and glare was killing me up front on that sunny day.

Plus, from what I understand, factory tint, based on car manufacturer and year, does not provide the same UV protection or heat reduction. So, even the 'factory tint' in the back, I tint those with film as well to get the UV protection(UVA/UVB).

• Like 1

Its both for me. I dislike having only the back windows tinted, I think it looks weird. But it also does help in the summer keeping the temps down. Specially having an all black truck.
  • Like 2

Thankful AL doesn't annually inspect. I have (ceramic) 50% on the windshield and 5% on every other window.

Is there anyway you could post an inside and outside picture of your windshield? I'm considering having mine done but want to see a few done before I jump in headfirst.

Is there anyway you could post an inside and outside picture of your windshield? I'm considering having mine done but want to see a few done before I jump in headfirst.

It's an overcast day today, but I'll try to remember to snap one before I leave work.

MXZEATR, your truck looks great with that tint. Travel a lot to the south but here in PA tint beyond factory is illegal and that's passable for stock.

Quick off topic question; who fender trim/flares are those? They look like GMC OEM's and I love that look.

TIA, Dave

Thanks!

The truck is 100% factory, it's got 1000mi on it now. It's a lease so the only thing I did was the tint. They come stock on the Sierra, which is why I leased it instead of a Chevy, I think they look nicer.

Tint is illegal on the front windows here too, but I've found no one hassling for anything 20-30%, I've had tint for almost 20yrs now, had my first vehicle done right at 16...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk