Camper shell...??

i can slide the tip of my finger (at the back of the truck on the corners) between the shell and my truck...are they supposed to have that much of a gap or more snug?

i can slide the tip of my finger (at the back of the truck on the corners) between the shell and my truck...are they supposed to have that much of a gap or more snug?

How does it look in the front? I'll see if I can take some pics of my ARE Z later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can also do this along both sides. I think this is a good thing! Taking the canopy off would be very difficult and possibly scratch your truck if it was a snug fit all around!

Yeah, my doors shut, but you can press on them and shake them pretty easily...ok, when I go back, i have them adjust it when the owner is there... I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being unrealistic...

well...we've had two days of relatively light rain and i have found two leaks...1 seems to be coming from the handle...2 coming from the driverside front corner...i think this will get fixed when i have them adjust the shell...but thoughts on the one around the handle? there has been a puddle basically right where the handle is (but inside on the top of the tailgate).

Topper looks great on your Black truck...

Regarding the "Fit",, there should be very small gap between shell-lip and bed as mine is about 1/8th" clearance..

All fitings, windows, etc should be snug,, if not its back to dealer to get it right...

I had trim seal installed at bottom and sides of gate as part of install with almost zero water leaks..

Tested with water hose at full pressure,, give or take with no issues..

Added bed and gate rubber mats to keep stuff from slidding in bed,, they work Great..

For gate mat,, used heavy duty velcro to secure rather than screws...

Enjoy---K

post-172247-0-74152000-1501255317_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I hope this works... check out the pics in the gallery... tell me if I am just bring anal or if there is too much gap...

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/gallery/image/20723-img-7979/

Wow! That is not acceptable. Go back to where you purchased the canopy. I suspect the one you have may be made for a different model/year of truck.

• Like 1

Its very possible, dealer screwed up on model and size for your truck as these toppers are

custom built and painted..

Your issue may be unfixable with currnt topper..

I recommend you review original order / paperwork and they re-measure and replace..

Cheers----K

• Like 1

thanks...i'll pull the serial number and call leer and see what they say...and be ready for that battle if need be...i am hoping they can just slide it forward about 1/2" and it be good...and fix the other issues...

I run a Leer and Snugtop dealer store for a living.

A couple things for the general public to be aware of:

- No canopy or tonneau will ever be water proof. Mostly water resistant yes.

- Expecting it to be 100% water tight is not realistic, especially with the way modern trucks are built. After thousands of trucks rolling through our shop I'll stand by this absolutely.

- Your bed probably has spots where water can come through. A top cannot fix that and you may have to do some sealing of your bed.

- Leer and Snugtop are good 1 piece fiberglass brands. ARE builds multi piece tops and are of a sub par quality.

Edited by JRoyPDX
  • Like 1