Camper shell...??

thanks...that makes me sad...(I mean great for you, but sad for me)...I think the biggest difference is shipping cost....

could be, its also market.....

There is another cap dealer just down the street........just not as hungry...lol

could be, its also market.....

There is another cap dealer just down the street........just not as hungry...lol

true, i have got quotes from about 7-10 different dealers...and they are all within a given range and none of them are near that low...

Well, Leer is having a sale where you can combine discounts...I am about to place an order for an 100 XQ, with removable fixed front glass and remote unlock/lock for $2325.00 (plus tax)...

Now i just need to sell my backflip MX4...

• 2 weeks later...

Got my XQ this week

so far dealer has not been able to make the keyless function.

well it looks good...but thats not really what i would want to hear! DOH! are they saying bad part or what? how do you like it so far (other than the lock issues)?

Looks Sweet! Love toppers baby! It's all about the install unfortunately and experience. Everything from cable/wire management to Looms and terminal etc. The Key fob programing etc. It used to be just throw the aluminum topper up on the truck now it's complicated production. Hope you get it worked out because I love the looks on that one mate!

Got the camper in earlier than expected...please excuse the dirty truck. I still need to go back and get the remote lock installed and also get the light wired to my cargo lamp switch in the dash. Once I get all that and wash it, I'll take some better pics.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/gallery/album/4728-untitled-album/

Have them use the lock power from the tailgate lock.

As for interior lighting, mine is wired hot but I ordered the prop switch so they come on when the shell door is opened.

They tried using the tailgate lock, but said it wasn't pulling enough volts (or amps, i cant remember what they said)...

as far as the switch...i was going to go with a prop switch, but the guy told me they can have a tendency to fail...so i just wanted it wired directly to the OEM cargo switch that is on my instrument cluster.

**also, would you mind taking a side pic of where the tailgate meets the shell and also the front where the shell rests on the back (or front ) of the bed near the cab? i feel like mine is shifted about an inch to far towards the tailgate and there is a noticable lip...