2014 Silverado 5.3 Transmission Issues

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey 14silverado5.3,

What's going on at your dealership is they know exactly what's going on with your truck. They are just spinning you around so that you keep driving it and your transmission will fail totally and then they will fix it for a substantial more amount of MONEY, versus the easy fix now they won't make as much MONEY off of you... Oh what power the almighty dollar has over us.

• 1 month later...

I have a 2014 Siverado LTZ. Has 43,000 miles on it . Was driving on the interstate when I heard a whining noise and the transmission was not shifting correctly. Got off the interstate and as i slowed down heard a bang. Then the only gear that worked properly was Drive- no neutral or reverse. I had it towed to a mechanic who is repairing the transmission for me with a newly rebuilt transmission from GM. Costing me ~$6200. GM is not making good on anything with this truck. Extremely disappointed.

• Sad 1

A friend at my office just had to have his transmission replaced - about $5000.
Still, he's at 160K before this happened.
What a bummer! :(

• 4 weeks later...

2014 Silverado 4x4 just turned 100k. Start the truck loud whining sound, sounds like it's coming from the bell housing hard to tell. Pull into reverse nothing put into drive nothing turn the truck off and restart whining not as loud and reverse and drive work? 6L80E I believe is the transmission in my truck.

Edited by Parker423

• 8 months later...

I Have the problem of ''grinding noise'' with my silverado 2014 1500 LTZ.  Its similar to ''14SILVERADO5.3''.

when i drive at 50 mph at constant speed  , it make grinding noise every few minutes.  It happen also at other speed (60 mph).  It seem to happen in the same time that the truck switch from V8 to V4.

so , i want to know how you resolve it.

change all the transmission?

or just the ''torque converter''?

thank you

• 1 year later...

Ok so im new to this forum, but i got a 2014 ltz 1500 chevy 6 months ago. 3 days after buying it i found water in the oil. 2 months later tranny valve body goes out. 600 bucks later im back on the road. 1 month later same tranny issue. Found a guy here in Gainesville, fl, he says all the 6l80’s have torque converter failure. He has it 4 days and rebuilds entire tranny. Valves, shift kit, torque converter, several other things. 4200 bucks. So what im saying is that the torque converters blow apart sending schrapnal thru tranny. He tells me he does 2 of these trannys a week. Gave me a year warranty and so far im good to go

• 4 months later...

yes this has been known for along time now..

Gm convertors have a very small clutch lining material that needs replaced around 100k mark.

Now this will very depending how you drive, tow etc, so its just a guess. 

But when the convertor goes it does send all the clutch material into the rest of the trans and makes a real mess of things.

My advice, change the convertor as soon as  you can. And i know its not cheap nor easy, but itll save your transmission