Plasti Dip Chrome of GMC Emblem, Keeping Red

Definitely going to do mine ! Do you think the plasti dip will hold up good to a pressure washer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont see why not but I would not pressure wash it super close up or scrub it hard with anything. But it does takes a lot for it to rub off. Just experiment with it and see for yourself :) I love the stuff. Let it dry overnight if you have the final coat on.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever taken the gmc emblem apart to paint the chrome for a more permanent finish?

What do you mean take it apart? Take it off the grille or separating the chrome and red pieces?

You can take it off the grille which is what I did. And you wont be able to separate the chrome and red pieces.

What do you mean take it apart? Take it off the grille or separating the chrome and red pieces?

You can take it off the grille which is what I did. And you wont be able to separate the chrome and red pieces.

I was wondering about separating the chrome and the red

• 1 month later...

How did you do this? Keeping the red and blacking out the chrome on the All Terrain badge?? Looks AMAZING!

Hope this is close to iridium......

post-163421-0-33778500-1488083862.jpg

How did you do this? Keeping the red and blacking out the chrome on the All Terrain badge?? Looks AMAZING!

It was easy for me.....all done through pixelmator (photoshop clone).

t2k816

See http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/198303-plasti-dip-chrome-of-gmc-emblem-keeping-red/?p=1958176

• 3 years later...

All Terrain X,

I realize I’m reviving an old thread here but I’m considering my chrome delete on my own ATX (16) and I’m going back and forth on the All terrain badge; 1) leaving red as you did,

2) blacking out the red and plastidipping chrome, or 3) removing altogether. I’m also considering replacing the smaller tailgate badge with the larger side door version. And it’s neither here nor there, but will most likely permanently remove tailgate gmc. 

I would love to see pics of the reapplied All Terrain badges with that red against the black truck!