4l80e swap 2000 Silverado

I'm already decided on wanting a 4l80e and I'm going to be buying one that's in need of a rebuild so I have to put new parts in it.

Now my biggest question what do I need to do a proper swap over to a 4l80e on my 2000 ext. cab short bed 4x4 daily driver/tow rig with minimal down time on the truck because my car isn't running the most street-able or vacuum friendly cam.

I'm already decided on wanting a 4l80e and I'm going to be buying one that's in need of a rebuild so I have to put new parts in it.

Now my biggest question what do I need to do a proper swap over to a 4l80e on my 2000 ext. cab short bed 4x4 daily driver/tow rig with minimal down time on the truck

Minimal down time = drop in a built 4L60. I only know of one 4L80 swap into a half ton on this whole forum, and that was into a 2wd by a very good mechanic/machinist. Have never seen one in a 4x4. Front and rear driveshafts, transmission wiring and control, and transfer case wiring and control would all need to be modified.

Long story short, you can get a 4L60 built that will be just as tough for less money, and do it in a day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived