Lund windshield visor anyone?

I was wondering if anyone had the Lund windshield sunvisor installed. I have a 1990 F150 with a visor and absolutely love the look, but i don't know how it'd look on a 2014 Sierra... Anyone ever seen one or have on on their truck?This is the only picture I can find post-157958-0-75733800-1486833345.jpg

post-157958-0-75733800-1486833345.jpg

Isn't the mileage crappy enough as it is; it'd be like adding in a drogue chute to a rolling brick. Also another potential source for eventual windshield area leaks.

I haven't seen a truck with those visors installed in years. They were popular in these parts in early mid nineties then became extinct. May be a source for potential leaks and it will adversely effect resale trade/value in the future. If you are looking for something to keep out the sun have a competent tint shop put on a windshield brow instead.

I haven't seen a truck with those visors installed in years. They were popular in these parts in early mid nineties then became extinct. May be a source for potential leaks and it will adversely effect resale trade/value in the future. If you are looking for something to keep out the sun have a competent tint shop put on a windshield brow instead.

Had one on my '53 Chevy in the days before window tinting. Fortunately is was easily removable leaving only the mounting brackets for Winter driving, otherwise driving in a blizzard the visor would act soon clog the air bypass then like a scoop and trap snow stalling the old vacuum operated wipers. Those driving with one of these in the snow belt better make sure they have a well designed one or strong high speed wiper motor/blades.

Archived