Resonator Delete when having a Flowmaster installed? Please help!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a Flowmaster 10 SI/SO put in with 3" pipe out the back no resonator or flapper and it sounds great. My shop charged $125. Quieter than I thought it would be and V4 doesn't sound bad to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think i'm going this route.. but cutting the 3rd cat off and starting there... strait 3' pipe from there to a super 10 then dump... all 3'

i think i'm going this route.. but cutting the 3rd cat off and starting there... strait 3' pipe from there to a super 10 then dump... all 3'

Pretty much what I did, I just gutted the 3rd cat and it's better but still not loud enough. These trucks are ridiculously quiet. I guess my next option is long tube headers and high flow cats.

After running a few days without the 3rd cat I'm now debating on dumping it immediately after the muffler, just before the axle. Have you done yours yet?

So is my tailpipe 3" or 4"? I want to buy new tip ..

Whether its 3 or 4, my new tip needs to have a bigger inlet right?39d6a867bbe647a6d8c8711158c1058f.jpga70cbff85175230e1481524017a61839.jpg

Stock 5.3? Should be 2.75", most do 3" and shim it if needed.

i hav etn

After running a few days without the 3rd cat I'm now debating on dumping it immediately after the muffler, just before the axle. Have you done yours yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

i have not... waiting on my bonus!. .lol.. hopefully beginning of next mth.... i'll keep you posted.

I just had my 16 done on Saturday at a local shop ..... They did ask me about the Third cat . I told them to leave it .

All Stainless including the 40 , single in Dual out .

Not many miles on it to fill in the pipes , but I did have it up on the highway already and theres no Drone !

Very happy with the sound . Not to loud in the cab with the radio off , no need to talk over the noise .... its there yet you just have to talk over it .

Just a tad over $600 installed in LESS THAN AN HOUR ! Very happy that I did it .

I just had my 16 done on Saturday at a local shop ..... They did ask me about the Third cat . I told them to leave it .

All Stainless including the 40 , single in Dual out .

Not many miles on it to fill in the pipes , but I did have it up on the highway already and theres no Drone !

Very happy with the sound . Not to loud in the cab with the radio off , no need to talk over the noise .... its there yet you just have to talk over it .

Just a tad over $600 installed in LESS THAN AN HOUR ! Very happy that I did it .

$600 ... whatd u have done

$600 ... whatd u have done

right.... i mean i dont expect to pay over 200... i'm buying my own muffler.. just having my shop cut and weld ..

Archived