Aftermarket radio to work with factory backup camera

Hi i install a aftermarket radio to my 2016 silverado WT with io3 radio. i want to be able to use the built in factory reverse camera but there is not module behind the glove box only 2 or 3 harnesses. is there any way i can get the reverse camera working with the aftermarket radio?????

Please Help Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

that harness will not work with my vehicle. i have a 2016 silverado wt (work truck) 4.3L V6 blackout edition base model which came with io3 radio that harness does not work with it. it tells you in descriptions that it will not work with io3 base models . i was stubborn & bought that harness anyway to see but it doesnt even fit over the trucks built in harness

• 2 weeks later...

yes i learned mine is the same way.the only way to have a backup camera for io3 is to have HMI module or an rca cable which the radio does not have. I wanted to upgrade my radio so i bought this.

https://www.amazon.com/Rupse-Android-Player-Navigation-Silverado/dp/B01LWPG4AD/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1482896516&sr=1-3-fkmr1&keywords=Chevrolet+Silverado%2C+Tahoe%2C+Colorado%2C+Suburban+Android+Car+GPS+Navigation+Car+Stereo+%282014-2017%29

It is plug and play. if you did this your camera will need an rca cable to work for it so you might have to splice the wires. This is what i Did and spiced the factory backup camera to an rca cable for it to work or you can buy a camera with an rca attached. Either way the camera will have to be aftermarket.

if you have the factory backup camera like I did then yes you will have to splice the factory backup camera and run the wires to the ratio rca wires.

I will have to go take a look at the wires again to know which wires go to which. But regardless you will still need rca wire connections for it work.

• 1 month later...

if you have the factory backup camera like I did then yes you will have to splice the factory backup camera and run the wires to the ratio rca wires.

I will have to go take a look at the wires again to know which wires go to which. But regardless you will still need rca wire connections for it work.

Yes also I am getting ready to install an aftermarket head unit to replace my io3 with factory back up camera and I can't find any information on where the harness for the back up camera is

Yes also I am getting ready to install an aftermarket head unit to replace my io3 with factory back up camera and I can't find any information on where the harness for the back up camera is

I dont remember which wires went to which but i know that some of the factory backup camera wires have to be connected together(like black and grey or black and brown) then connect them to the rca(yellow-consist of red and black wires) wires. Im not sure which goes to which so it will take trial and error. So the six factory backup camera wires need to be spliced and connected to the red and black(yellow) rca input.

Archived