1 minute ago, Nasty said:

Well theres a peice ot trim under the screen   I had to pull that peice ot trim out. Which involved physically taking the screen out and opening it up. And undoing the circuit ribbons.  

If I can do that. Anyone can pull trim out in these trucks

Why did you have to pull that out? is it part of the Alpine install? 

2 minutes ago, qwank said:

Why did you have to pull that out? is it part of the Alpine install? 

Oh no  I. Changing all my interior trim from synthesis to burnish.  So I had to get that peice out

I'm just saying in general, pulling the trim out is very easy if thats what you're worried about. 

I had bought an alpine unit but I went a different direction 

• Like 1

i want to change my trim out for the real aluminum GMC trim, i'm not sure if the have the radio trim with out the heated seat cutouts though.  

17 hours ago, RDKILL said:

Marv, your Truck/sound system is looking great!

Nice vid on how to remove the OEM stereo, although I don't have that kind of patients when removing trim pieces..LOL!

You make some nice sound boxes, good skill bro!

Thanks RDKILL and I can't take credit for the video as it is one I found on YouTube! I usually have pretty good patience for taking stuff apart but this truck has been a bit more challenging in some areas (I've broken a few clips and broke the tab completely off of one trim piece!)

Edited by Marv88

7 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Oh no  I. Changing all my interior trim from synthesis to burnish.  So I had to get that peice out

I'm just saying in general, pulling the trim out is very easy if thats what you're worried about. 

I had bought an alpine unit but I went a different direction 

i see that trim piece you are talking about 

4 minutes ago, qwank said:

i want to change my trim out for the real aluminum GMC trim, i'm not sure if the have the radio trim with out the heated seat cutouts though.  

I just bought bottons for those holes. And I found a vinyl wrap that matches the black plastic perfectly. So I'm going to wrap the switches. Also remember the GMC have a different steering wherls trim so I had to grab a gmc steering wheel   its easy just takes some time 

Burnish trim like I have is from a denali

2 minutes ago, Nasty said:

I just bought bottons for those holes. And I found a vinyl wrap that matches the black plastic perfectly. So I'm going to wrap the switches. Also remember the GMC have a different steering wherls trim so I had to grab a gmc steering wheel   its easy just takes some time 

Burnish trim like I have is from a denali

yeah, I might grab a GMC heated steering wheel if I can't get just the trim piece from somewhere.  I installed one for a customer at work.  Just needed the air bag coil to make it work.  That was a n LTZ and it had the plug in the dash harness already, I'm not sure if the LT harness has it, I haven't looked yet.  

Started sound deadening on the back wall (I'm probably going to spray expanding foam in the cavity at the top)

IMG_1794.thumb.JPG.b1d2af2fa22ffd0701a4a90ca85bb766.JPG

IMG_1798.thumb.JPG.12f4fd1614ce49c32cdd00b61e2eae88.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marv88 said:

Started sound deadening on the back wall (I'm probably going to spray expanding foam in the cavity at the top)

what kind of foam do you use for that?

47 minutes ago, qwank said:

what kind of foam do you use for that?

As Nasty said and another less messy but more time consuming option  is to stuff it with strips of foam padding.  

• Like 1

Started on the 18mm Baltic Birch hardwood plywood platform for the rear wall At the bottom it will be secured to where the center seat belt was and the stud for the tools pouch. I will add some brackets at the top secured with nutserts and I left a 3/4" gap behind with openings in the bottom corners so the vents could breath (I will also be adding 3/4" foam padding in part of the cavity) . The sub enclosure will mount behind the passenger seat and I will mount the jack and tools behind the drivers seat along with a cargo net or some type of storage compartment/tray.

IMG_1800.thumb.JPG.7f707812762ddc474b4f20232f49f825.JPG

IMG_1804.thumb.JPG.9a068a2c0ce9974dea8f0a207df6f722.JPG

• Like 1

I was planning to use a foam/mass loaded vinyl combo  behind the platform to combat the road noise but after a little more measuring I found by taking 5/8" off of the base I could fit the factory insulation behind while still having enough room for the sub enclosure. 

IMG_1809.JPG

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pillman said:

Marv, going away from the audio for just a second here, but can I ask if your 22" wheels came from Detroit Wheel and Tire?

Cheers

That is actually where I first saw them pillman but I didn't like their tire choices so I ended up getting those from Discount Tire Direct. I can't remember the eBay store I bought the wheels from off hand but in total I saved quite a bit over the Detroit Tire and Wheel package they had on eBay even with the with better/larger tires (I found a $100.00 discount coupon for the tires).