Power rear window

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can keep my moon roof and slider open pretty much year round... maybe not Jan/Feb - but there's something about heated seats and an open roof... I'm living the American dream. Hahahaaa

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Roll a front window down and it sucks in through the the slider...the rental I have right now has one, and I was thinking how long it's been since I had a slider, until I opened it; now I see why I never missed not having one.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Trust me, if I had the slider window open I had my front 2 windows all the way down and the ext cab windows pushed open. Even on the interstate. Just never had the problem of anything flying from the bed to inside the cab. I've had loose stuff like receipts fly out the slider by accident. On any truck the air swirls in the bed like a mini hurricane on it's side. That's probably what made something fly from the bed to inside the cab through the slider. I also have always had a toolbox so if you don't then maybe that's the difference.

A full width operating rear window would be impressive but unnecessary in my opinion. It must add considerably to the build cost to have such a novelty. I like my sliding rear window for ventilation purposes and if I accidentally leave it open, a thief can't crawl through!!

I love taking out my avalanche rear window - much better airflow when sunroof is open and windows are down. Apparently the 07 avalanche redesign was going to have a roll down rear window, but it made it impossible to drop midgate and keep everything dry - stupid imho; I use the window down more often than I need to haul 8ft cargo in the rain...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

A friend showed me a picture of her boss' truck, a 2017 GMC Denali 2500 HD. I noticed it did not have the rear power window, which surprised me, considering I thought a Denali would have every option. My friend brought it to the owner's attention, and he told her it's because the WHOLE window retracts down, and he needed that option because he tows often. I have searched near and far, and fail to even produce a photograph depicting a fully recessed rear window. Does this option exist? Is he pulling her leg? I swore to her he was feeding her b.s. Failed to mention crew cab. Thanks for any input.

2017 HD trucks are not on the lots yet (I believe production starts this week or next week) and if a Denali HD has a solid rear window, then it has the snow plow package on it.

• 10 months later...

I found this thread and wondered if anyone has any current info or recommendations for a mid-size ( with poor or sliding rear window? Dog is my Co-Pilot and would love it too. I am just looking into it but think I want my next purchase to have the option dealer installed. I am pretty short and have a elderly person to get in and out, so not too high) Y'all may laugh but I was one of the only people who purchased the Envoy when it had the mulit-configurations (tailgate, swing door window and roof retract) I wish I kept it!

Anyway any help or suggestions from the pick-up community is appreciated.

And my Daddy had a 2500 GMC and it was his dream truck

Nissan got rid of the huge power down rear window with the current model. Toyota is the only one that the whole window goes down. I loved that huge window on my Titan, open it and the moonroof and it was like the AC was on.

My 2017 1500 Midnight DC has the power rear window. It's part of the 'LT PLUS PACKAGE' which also includes with the universal home remote (garage door opener) and power adjustable pedals.

I rarely open the rear window and rarely touch the pedal adjustment.

The best part of the package is the built in garage door opener!! LOL!

Archived